How to contact PBI/track a package from them?

kojer420
Community Member
I ordered a package from eBay which was shipped through their global shipping program. The info on eBay says it was successfully delivered but neither the post office nor I have received anything. My address is correct and this was the only 1 of 6 packages that was shipped from the US that I did not receive.. can anyone offer help/suggestions on how/where to find my package or possibly point me in the direction of someone who can?
Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

marnotom!
Community Member
The "successful delivery" might be to the Global Shipping Center in Kentucky, not the item's final destination.

You should be able to find out more here:

https://parceltracking.pb.com/
Message 2 of 41
latest reply

And don't worry.

Tracking is a Seller Protection.

If your purchase doesn't arrive by the last estimated date eBay gave you, come back to this thread and we will show you how to get a refund.

Message 3 of 41
latest reply

Just like marnotom said, I think it was delivered at the GSP center. Sometimes I get that message too when I purchase something through GSP. It's a glitch. What address shows in your eBay tracking?

Message 4 of 41
latest reply

Another poster worked this out for buyers who have not yet received their GSP shipment.
TRACKING SYSTEM FOR GSP
It's not user friendly... But I found how to track your package via the global shipping program, once it gets to Canada you need to:
- Log on to eBay.ca
- Under the My eBay menu select Purchase History
- Under your orders find the specific order.  It should have something like the following:
        Estimated delivery Mon, Jan 11 - Thu, Jan 21
        Tracking number: Tracking number UPAAB000000#########
- Click on the UPA number.  This should open up a Shipment Details window, which should contain something like this:
     This shipment has been transferred to CPC for delivery to the final destination # 70351#########
-Click on the Canada Post number to see where the Canada Post Tracking history and expected delivery
 And there is this method too (originally posted by unison)
I found this thread today while awaiting a shipment. Once I learned that Pitney Bowes was the relevant company, I was able to find my package's tracking info in about 10 seconds.

Message 5 of 41
latest reply

kojer420
Community Member
I followed the tracking info on eBay but it shows the package as delivered to my address, it cleared their centre in Kentucky and went through customs and says successfully delivered, but when I take the notice card in the post office says they have nothing. My order says delivered on May 29 but it's vanished.. Also I can't click the tracking number on the purchase page on eBay but I managed to go to the PB website and also see there that it says it was delivered. Just says the name of the town and postal code, it doesn't actually say my physical residence is where it was delivered too but I just don't understand how I could receive a notice card to pick up a parcel that doesn't apparently exist. If it was actually delivered someone at the post office would have record of it but they tell me there is no parcel for me or the number on that notice card.
Message 6 of 41
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
On the PB tracking page there should be a link you can click for tracking information on the carrier's website. In this case, that carrier would be Canada Post. Does the Canada Post website show the same information?

Right now, this seems more of an issue with Canada Post's handling of the item rather than the GSP's handling, but I'd like to know what the Canada Post site says first.
Message 7 of 41
latest reply

kojer420
Community Member
Yes the Canada post site also says the package was delivered but the post office say they have no record of receiving the parcel, and because all the tracking info says it was delivered eBay won't give me a refund. Seems like I just got **bleep**ed over hard because I'm out of options at this point.
Message 8 of 41
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
Seems weird that you received a pick up notice but there's nothing to pick up. Item may have been scanned as delivered before notice was sent out.

Do items get delivered to your door or to a community mailbox? Are there other post offices or outlets where your item may have ended up by mistake? Have you received a second (reminder) pick-up notice? And does your item's tracking say the item was delivered to your address or just to your city?
Message 9 of 41
latest reply

name of the town and postal code, it doesn't actually say my physical residence

Most postal codes are only a 'postal walk'. Large apartment buildings, for example, often have more than one code to cover all the tenants.

OTOH , very small towns may have only one code for everyone.

Go to the Post Office (not the postal outlet in back of the drug store) and ask for the PostMaster. Ask her to start a trace on the package.

Since it has tracking, Canada Post should know where it really is. And the postmaster can see who was delivering that day and start an enquiry face to face.

As mentioned, it may have been delivered to a neighbour.  Or someone in your household may have but it somewhere that it couldn't possibly get lost.

Message 10 of 41
latest reply

try parceltracking.pb.com

Message 11 of 41
latest reply

Message 12 of 41
latest reply

I have noticed that pb. re-labels the package when they forward it from their center. Sometimes the address was incomplete or cut off. Even though signature for delivery was paid for , pb. did not request a signature. I have had an item marked as delivered even by Canada Post but was not delivered to my door while I waited for it. As mentioned the parcel is considered delivered when it reaches th pb. center and pb. assumes no responsibility after they forward it. It's a 50/50 chance but Ebay is making more sales so they won't end their promoting global shipping with pb.
In the end I received about 50% refund . The item and the shipping were the same amounts so I don't know what the refund was for...the item or the shipping ?
Message 13 of 41
latest reply

. As mentioned the parcel is considered delivered when it reaches th pb. center and pb. assumes no responsibility after they forward it.

No.

The seller's responsibility for delivery ends when the parcel is delivered to the GSP plant.

But at that point, the GSP takes over responsibility for delivery.

Keep in mind that tracking is of no value to the buyer.

It is there as Seller Protection against claims of non-delivery.

GSP/ Pitney Bowes International does continue tracking their parcels. The numbering changes and is a little hard to find.

If a purchase has been sent using the GSP, and is not received in a timely manner after arriving at the Erlanger plant, the buyer can open an eBay (or Paypal) dispute citing Item Not Received.

It is necessary to note that the shipping was handled by the GSP, otherwise the seller is asked for confirmation of delivery and that being given the dispute fails.

If the GSP is cited, then it is the GSP which is asked for proof of delivery.

If GSP is unable to prove delivery (and it is delivery, not shipping) then the buyer is refunded by GSP .

Usually GSP is better about this than private sellers since they are not emotionally involved. It's just a business expense.

If the item shows up later, GSP does not want it back and returning the refund just messes up their books.

pb. re-labels the package when they forward it from their center.

Usually this happens when the seller did not clearly mark the contents, identifying in particular the place of manufacture, which has an impact on appropriate duty.

The GSP plant workers are notoriously bad at repackaging. I got a 24"x12'x 1/2" book repacked into a 30"x15"x4" box in my one and only experience with the GSP. No damage but really.....

That they also mess up addresses is no surprise.

Message 14 of 41
latest reply

@postal.stephen wrote:

Even though signature for delivery was paid for , pb. did not request a signature.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.  I've never seen a Global Shipping Program listing that states that the "International Priority Shipping" includes signature confirmation.  Perhaps you're thinking of the leg of the journey between the seller and the Global Shipping Center, where the seller could have requested a signature from Pitney Bowes?

@postal.stephen wrote:

As mentioned the parcel is considered delivered when it reaches th pb. center and pb. assumes no responsibility after they forward it.

Again, I'm not sure what you mean by some of your points.  The seller is considered to have fulfilled their obligations in the sale once the package is accepted at the Global Shipping Center, but that's not the same as being "considered delivered".

You're correct that the terms and conditions for buyers using the GSP state that Pitney Bowes assumes no responsibility for the package after it's been forwarded, but the terms and conditions also state that the buyer is able to avail themselves of eBay's Money Back Guarantee program (as well as PayPal, if memory serves correctly) should the buyer need to do so.

@postal.stephen wrote:

In the end I received about 50% refund . The item and the shipping were the same amounts so I don't know what the refund was for...the item or the shipping ?

Are there any clues in your PayPal history?  How did you pursue your partial refund, anyway?  I'm curious.

Message 15 of 41
latest reply

Hi. Have a same issue with this courier - history shows item been delivered right to my address, but I didn't have it. It's kind of strange to me.
Message 16 of 41
latest reply

Go to your local Postal Outlet tomorrow and ask about it.

Bring your photo ID. The clerks won't give packages to just anyone.

Undelivered packages are usually kept for about a week, so don't dally.

If they don't have it, go to the Post Office and ask for the Post Master.

She will be able to do a more thorough job of seeing who was working that route on the date of delivery and can speak face to face with the carrier or sub-contractor.

FACE TO FACE is the important thing here.

If you have ever made a typo, you know that paper (or computer) records are fallible.

And of course, ask your housemates if they took it in and check any reasonable spots it might have been hidden. DotCOM members often mention looking in the BBQ. Apparently our neighbours keep their BBQ on the front porch.

Between the storm door and the house door on a little used entrance is another possibility.

Message 17 of 41
latest reply

Ok I'm just going thru the same thing I'll wait till closing date.
Message 18 of 41
latest reply

Have a same issue with this courier - history shows item been delivered right to my address,

Pitney Bowes is not a courier.

They are a forwarder and a re-shipper.

Their parcels are usually sub-contracted to Canada Post, although there have been reports of CanPar and FedEx being used.

Message 19 of 41
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Pitney Bowes is not a courier.

They are a forwarder and a re-shipper.

Their parcels are usually sub-contracted to Canada Post, although there have been reports of CanPar and FedEx being used.

There's an option to track a GSP item on the carrier's website.  The link is just below the item's "progress meter" on the top right-hand page of the PB Tracking page.

Message 20 of 41
latest reply