Hurricane Irena. I've got about 30 items that will be late shipping because of the Hurricane.

How will eBay handle late shipments caused by Hurricane Irena.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hurricane Irena. I've got about 30 items that will be late shipping because of the Hurricane.

PROBABLY , the same way as they did for the wild fires in and around the Canada west coast,, by not responding at all unless you take the time to call in and complain about late (tardy) strikes.. 

You are completely right there should be a policy put in place for all of this..

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Why would a Canadian seller who states in his listings that he ships from Burnaby BC have any problem with hurricanes?

The last hurricane I remember hitting Canada was Hurricane Hazel in 1954.

There are some hurricane remnants hitting the Maritimes every year, of course.

If you mean you are actually dropshipping from the southern USA, you should be correcting the locations in your listings.

These are meant to reflect the location of the product not the seller, because: import fees.

If you mean your supplier cannot supply products that you ship from Burnaby because HE has been hit by hurricanes, you need to drop those listings until you have your products in hand.

If you mean your buyers may find their purchases delayed because they are in areas hit by the hurricanes, that will not affect you if you ship in a timely manner.

You may wish to contact each buyer before shipping and confirm that they are not affected by the climate change events. (One of my buyers tells me that North Florida has no problems at all.)

You may wish to use a Confirmed Delivery service rather than LetterPost/LightPacket if the buyer is in the path of weather.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/2017/09/10/ebay-takes-unprecedented-steps-response-hurricanes/

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 7.03.46 PM.png

From http://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/eBay-Will-Provide-Additional-Help-for-Those-Impacted-by-R...

That is for the sellers located in the affected area.

For sellers shipping to the affected areas, I would suggest that you use tracking on all parcels designated for that area so that you are protected against late shipment marks and so that your buyers know where things stand with their orders; those folks don't need any extra stress in their lives right now. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Passing thought:

Shipments to such areas should definitely be marked NO SAFE DROP.

This means that the parcel will not be left on a doorstep or on an unattended mailbox. If the buyer is not home, she will get a Delivery Notice for pickup at her local PO.

Actually, I have decided I love NO SAFE DROP.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply