I received 2 tracking numbers for the same product.

maleama0
Community Member

Hello, I recently purchased an item from an Ebay Seller. He sent me 2 tracking numbers for the 1 ordered product. I am wondering why he did this as well. Any further information would be helpful. Thank you!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

They were referring to the return address on the label on your package, not a separate return label. All packages and envelopes generally have a return address on them.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

marnotom!
Community Member
The top item has the note “Delivery package 2 of 2” on the bottom, so this leads me to think that there are either going to be two graphics cards going out to you or there’s some sort of glitch that’s seen the tracking information for someone else’s purchase mysteriously show up in your “My eBay”.

I suggest getting in touch with the seller ASAP and see what they have to say.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

maleama0
Community Member

Hello, thank you for the reply. I understand that there could be a mishap. However, I am more on the side that the seller could or would be trying to scam me by sending me 2 empty boxes and 0 cards that way I would have a harder time disputing the original order once it arrives seeing as how the seller could now provide Ebay with "2" tracking labels for the same item I ordered. I have contacted the seller before because he changed his listing title after I purchased the Graphics Card. His response "Hi. I actually changed the title shortly after listing it to put it more in line with other listings of this product. It is as described and shown in the stock photo. It is new and unopened. I plan to ship it this morning. You should receive the tracking information. Cheers." Then he created the 2 shipping labels which brings me here. From his reviews he is 100% reliable and honest so I'll give him the benefit here but I'll be quick to dispute if I open not 1 but 2 empty boxes next week. I did double check with Canda Post and saw that one of the items with the label is shipped but the other hasn't been shipped and they both have different tracking numbers. This is why I suspect some fowl play is involved here.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I still think getting in touch with the seller is the best next step. Their response (or a lack of one) may give you a better idea of how to proceed with this.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

On the note of the second tracker being someone else's purchase order.

- I ordered it at the "buy it now" price and once I did the listing was ended, this leads me to believe he only had the quantity of 1 for the card however I cannot confirm if this is definetly the case.

So with the idea that he only had 1 card to ship in the first place, would there be any legit reason at all to print 2 different tracking labels for the same product? Or would you only do this if you were going to be sending 2 different packages on purpose. How will this affect my dispute with ebay and the delivery of my packages when I now have 2 different trackers for the 1 product ordered? I don't expect 2 Graphics Cards to arrive at all, if it did I would return the one I didn't purchase to the seller but I think he only had 1 in the first place. My biggest concern is disputing the double trackers here, I will be waiting for the arrival of the packages as one has already shipped before opening a claim to see if I recieved my product. Will update further once I contact the seller in the morning regarding the situation if it has not resolved itself within a few hours here. Thanks for the advice given, I saw another thread with the same issue but they didn't seem to find any closure here so I will make sure to give an update. Cheers!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Okay, update on the issue of receiving 2 different tracking labels for my item.

I messaged the seller asking him to provide an explanation of why there was the 2 different trackers and this is his response.

"Hi. The first label I printed had the incorrect return address. Ebay just switched from using a third party shipping label system to using its own label system, and it automatically used an old address of mine. I had to void the first shipping label and print a new one. You were only sent one package. Sorry for the confusion."

Now, since I am not a seller on Ebay(I have never sold an item here) I don't know the typical procedure when shipping to a buyer here. I do know that in the listing the seller had the "no returns accepted" policy as well, so why would he need to print out a return label before I have even recieved the package? Is it required by sellers to provide one when shipping to a buyer? I have bought several times from sellers here and I never recieved a return label when my packaged arrived. What am I missing here? I did not ask for a return label or anything, I was inquiring with questions but the seller says he shipped the item with a return label as mentioned in the quotes above. Thank you for any insight into the matter.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

They were referring to the return address on the label on your package, not a separate return label. All packages and envelopes generally have a return address on them.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply