Invoices for Global Ship charges

msholind
Community Member

Does anyone know how or where to access information eBay has charged me for Global Shipping for an item I bought from an American seller? I just have a credit card line item "GlobalShip" with an amount, and I am unable to find out a breakdown of that amount (ie. duty, GST, etc.).

Seems odd that Global Ship can charge a seemingly indiscriminate amount without providing a receipt breaking down those charges.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

If you go to your Purchase History, you should see that amount reflected under Import Charges.

Or your Order Confirmation email.

But it will say Import charges or Import fees (I forget) which is what’s collected by/paid to the Global Shipping Program on your behalf and then submit to Canada Revenue Agency.

It’s a combination of sales tax and handling fee plus duty if applicable.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

There is no breakdown.

The 'import fees' are a sum that will cover GSP/Pitney Bowes costs to pay for shipping from Kentucky to your doorstep, Canadian duty if any, Canadian  SALES TAXES, and a service charge of ~$5USD.

There is a profit for PB/GSP in there too.

You are not paying duty and sales tax.

Pitney Bowes is paying duty and sales tax.

The GSP is specifically not to be used by businesses (the only ones who would actually need this information). It is a freight forwarding service for sellers to their private buyers.

What they do with the money you give them to get your purchase to you promptly and securely is basically none of your business.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Well I just got off the phone with my Credit Card company and emailed them all of the invoices, proof of purchase totals the whole nine yards... No where in any of the screen shots does it say you will be billed X amount of dollars because the seller is using Global shipping. Nor does it state there is a fee for buying an item that is using the Global shipping service. My Credit Card company is filing a charge dispute and disputing the charges on my behalf... The law is the law... all charges and fee's must be on the bill for a customer to approve, if they are not they are fraudulent.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 5 of 5
latest reply