Item is stuck in Erlanger KY.

I live in Canada and purchased a BGS 10 Population 1 pokemon card and a Supreme Zippo lighter on eBay, both items very valuable. Both got to Erlanger and were never again updated. I tried using other tracking apps and they just get there and disappear. Got great deals on both late at night, this is why a refund seems like half the issue. I would like to know why items get there and then vanish. Quite often, we are spending lots of time to win these auctions... are they being stolen? If so, someone should probably look into who is doing it. Keeps being the rarest items ironically. 

Message 1 of 85
latest reply
84 REPLIES 84

Re: Item is stuck in Erlanger KY.

Yea

@reallynicestamps wrote:

it arrived in Erlanger within a couple days and has been sitting there ever since with no updates.  It's now been 9 days.

Nine days ago was Wednesday Sept 2.

Thursday, Friday, Saturday.

The Erlanger plant is closed on Sundays.

Monday the 7th was Labor Day.

Tuesday Wednesday Thursday

Today is Friday the 11th.

The Erlanger plant is definitely working slowly, but  your item has been there for seven working days.

Have you received a UPAxxxxxx number yet?

In Erlanger it will also be pre-cleared for customs, which speeds things up with Canada Post (and the CBSA).

You are covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee for 30 days after the estimated last day for delivery eBay gave you.

For 180 days from payment by Paypal.

And may also be covered by your credit card's chargeback policy.

Yeah there was a UPA# listed on the Ebay web site for the item I bought, but that was days ago.  The Pitney-Bowes web site shows the same info ("Arrived at the Global Shipping Center (Sept 2)).  Hopefully it won't be there much longer.   

Message 61 of 85
latest reply

@nowaygloria:

Keep in mind that your item may have moved on but the scan information hasn’t caught up to it yet.

There have been a few reports on this discussion board of GSP-forwarded items with no tracking information between being received in Erlanger and being received at a Canada Post distribution hub near the buyer’s location. Nobody knows why.
Message 62 of 85
latest reply

In my 30 plus years in mail order, I have learned that it normally takes about 20 days for items to be delivered in North America (US/Canada or Canada/US).

Usually it is a little faster, but allowing a full 20 days is NBD.

This information was so clear I made a text document of it and post it constantly for people who can't believe the postal system does not use time machines.

@Unison worked this out for buyers who have not yet received their GSP shipment.
TRACKING SYSTEM FOR GSP
I found this thread today while awaiting a shipment. Once I learned that Pitney Bowes was the relevant company, I was able to find my package's tracking info in about 10 seconds.

Step 1: Go to the Pitney Bowes Parcel Tracker page at https://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/

Step 2: Enter your eBay-supplied Global Tracking number (mine began with UPAA...)

Step 3: You will be shown limited tracking info. In my case, only up to the point the package left the USA and entered Canada.

Step 4: Click on the "Track on carrier's website" link at the top right.

Step 5: You will be provided with tracking on the page of the actual shipping company, in my case Canada Post, with a tracking number in THEIR system.

Problem solved! If only eBay would put a link to https://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/ in their shipping emails, this could all be avoided... 

Have you marked the last estimated date for delivery on your calendar? Has that date passed?

Message 63 of 85
latest reply

Never mind 🙂

Message 64 of 85
latest reply

Just got some movement!

Today, 12 days after it Arrived at the Global Shipping Center, it is now Processing at the Global Shipping Center.

Things are looking up!

Message 65 of 85
latest reply

I’m glad I’m not the only one. I’ve got two items stuck in Erlanger, KY too. No other shipping updates available since order date November 8. It’s like the items vanished.
Message 66 of 85
latest reply

@cyprien25 wrote:

I’m glad I’m not the only one. I’ve got two items stuck in Erlanger, KY too. No other shipping updates available since order date November 8. It’s like the items vanished.

Did you try looking the items up on the Pitney Bowes parcel tracking website mentioned a few posts back?  Sometimes tracking information doesn't get transmitted properly to eBay.

Message 67 of 85
latest reply

You won't get the item

Message 68 of 85
latest reply

If it says "cleared customs" then your parcel was definitely confiscated..

Don't buy international garbage because you won't get it..

If you are unaware, eBay is not for shopping it's a gambling website so it's all your loss.

Take this as a lesson

Message 69 of 85
latest reply

That’s an odd thing to say.  If a buyer follows the guidelines for ebays money back guarantee it isn’t difficult to get a refund if an item has not been received.  If you have recently had a problem, someone here might be able to help with it if you can give a few details.

Message 70 of 85
latest reply

If you don’t get it, make sure that you file an item not received claim within 30 days after the latest estimated delivery date.

Message 71 of 85
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

Everybody has a different equivalency of stuck.

I've seen longer delays at our border than at the Global Shipping Center in Erlanger, Kentucky.

Message 72 of 85
latest reply

@cyprien25

Has the last estimated date for delivery passed?

You have 30 days from that date to open an Item Not Received Dispute.  Be sure to state in the text box that this was a GSP shipment.

If it has the Paypal Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

You have 180 days (six months) from Payment to open an INR dispute.

@the.witch694
GSP items that pass through Erlanger are sold by US sellers. There is also a GSP Seller Protection program for UK sellers.

Are you saying that no one should buy from the USA or UK?  Seems dramatic.

Message 73 of 85
latest reply

@the.witch694 wrote:

If it says "cleared customs" then your parcel was definitely confiscated..

"Cleared customs" means that it made it through customs.  That's the opposite of what you're describing.

Message 74 of 85
latest reply

That is absolutely terrible!

Message 75 of 85
latest reply

@zigartenzewel 

Since homehealthsystems posted last June, either she got her purchase and didn't come back to report, not that she needed to, or she followed the advice of several posters and opened a Dispute and got her refund.

Some of these threads can be years long. Always check the dates.

Message 76 of 85
latest reply

True, realized that afterwards, then I couldn't find it to delete! 

Message 77 of 85
latest reply

I have an item that has been stuck there for a week with no updates. Very frustrating and unorganized. Not the first tine this has happened either. I won't be making purchases off this platform again, it really is not worth the headache
Message 78 of 85
latest reply

Following tracking is a mug's game.

You have the most important information, the last estimated date for delivery that eBay gave you.

If the purchase doesn't arrive by then, open an Item Not Received Dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page. State that the purchase was shipped through the Global Shipping Program.

If GSP cannot prove delivery (and it is Delivery, not shipping) you will be refunded.

Two things to note. : If you don't state that GSP is handling delivery, your import fees which the seller knows nothing about will not be refunded and if the purchase shows up after GSP has refunded they don't want it back.

Has that date passed?

Message 79 of 85
latest reply

Me too although I've been getting them eventually. An item from China ordered a week later arrived before the other that was coming from the States! I heard that there was quite a covid breakout in Mississauga Postal Hub don't know if its closed temp. Due to staff sick/shortages Or just for cleaning, perhaps things are being rerouted to Toronto?! In which case tere will definitely be a delay
Message 80 of 85
latest reply