Ive been avoiding Sellers using Ebay Send

USA Sellers PLEASE STOP USING THIS SERVICE. It takes 2+ Months to receive Items from the USA to Canada which is absurd. PLEASE USE USPS normal international shipping options.. ANYTHING is better then EBay Send... hell id rather pay UPS duty charges then wait 2 months for an item.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Good feedback, but this is eBayCANADA and you may have more effect posting to the eBay.COM seller Boards.

Could you provide more details about your experience with this new(ish) service?  At the moment you can see on these Canadian Boards many concerns and complaints about slow shipping everywhere.

To the point where one normally relaxed seller is considering dropping the USA as a selling destination.

With the new NAFTA agreement, shipping with the established (and detested) Global Shipping Program may become more economic.

While we were being charged appropriate duty and Sales Tax on any import valued over $20Cdn(~$15US),  that has risen to a $140Cdn (~$105) duty free allowance and $40 sales tax free* allowance as of July first.

*We're waiting for the first complaints about that one.  I pity the CBSA agents who have to work it out.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

That was an overlook on my part, didnt notice i was on the .ca website.

So far my success rate receiving packages at all through this service has been 50%(2 past orders, One ended with an INR after 3 months), with my third package in transit since June 26th with an estimated arrival date of August 20th.

It only seems to be ones using this service that are exceptionally slow. Normal shipments have a few days up to a week delay which is understandable, but 2 months is certainly over the top for no apparent reason. I frequently ship stateside and can send stuff overnight for not much more then i am being charged for this service that takes 2 months.

This is more a rant then anything as it is very frustrating when i need something and no alternative options are offered. I end up moving to other platforms and paying more for items just in order to receive them in a timely manner.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I'm amazed you were so patient with the three months late shipment. Personally, I allow about 21 days for North American delivery and 30 for overseas, and then get on the case, which would include an INR dispute. What was the delivery window on that one?

with my third package in transit since June 26th with an estimated arrival date of August 20th.

I wouldn't be too concerned about that August date. Many sellers here (and possibly in the USA) have extended their Handling time from 24-48 hours to five, seven, even 30 days to allow for the current slow transit times.

We are still shipping just as fast, and the long Handling is a CYA which pushes the eBay-chosen delivery date further into the future.

Keep in mind most of these packages are in the same streams as all other packages. GSP  shipping comes in by USPS (usually, it's the seller's choice) and out en masse on a truck to Canada. Usually that mass shipment crosses to border to Mississauga and Canada Post's Gateway Terminal and then is broken into individual parcels again and back into the general mailstream.

• Note there is a certain amount of imagination in there, based on what I've learned on the Boards over the years.

Look at a the calendar. Thursday June 26 /27 then a weekend 30- 1  -2  -3 then another weekend including July 4 (which is some sort of American holiday) then a week end then 10 business days plus two more weekends.

Which is 17 business days in transit, if the US didn't have a national  holiday in there.

With 30+ years in mail order, that's normal shipping time, in my experience.

The other two of your four orders went fine?

It's unclear to me what the advantage of eBaySend is supposed to be. Perhaps the GSP has such a bad name that they needed a fresh unpoisoned service?

Could you show us what the tracking is on your current in transit item?

Rants are actually pretty helpful. Especially with tracking info. Obviously nothing we posters can help with, but it may help explain what is happening in future.

What happens with import fees with eBaySend?  Now that the new NAFTA is in place our duty-free allowance for US made goods has risen to $140Cdn from $20, so that may make buying in the US easier.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I think the new duty-free allowance for NAFTA made goods is actually $150Cdn /~$112.50US.
And that's "manufactured" not "purchased". If your purchase from a US seller was made in India*, the old $20Cdn duty-free allowance would apply.

*Oooh! Let's complicate matters!
Although Canada and India do not have a FreeTrade Agreement, we are negotiating.
And Canada has dozens of FTAs including the Trans-Pacific Agreement with 12 other countries and one with the European Union.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@marwood_auto wrote:

It only seems to be ones using this service that are exceptionally slow. Normal shipments have a few days up to a week delay which is understandable, but 2 months is certainly over the top for no apparent reason. I frequently ship stateside and can send stuff overnight for not much more then i am being charged for this service that takes 2 months.

This is more a rant then anything as it is very frustrating when i need something and no alternative options are offered. I end up moving to other platforms and paying more for items just in order to receive them in a timely manner.

Items sent internationally through mail forwarding or mail consolidation services such as eBay Send/eBay International Standard Delivery tend to be slower because of the nature of the consolidation and forwarding processes.  It's being touted to sellers as a way to keep more money in their pocket as it's cheaper than sending the item more directly to the buyer, but the trade-off for that lower shipping rate is slower transit time.

The fact that this is a new initiative of eBay's that still needs bugs working out, combined with the general state of chaos shipping networks are enduring at present just adds to the fun.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply