Package from China

I received a package from China, but it’s not something I ordered. I know it’s from eBay from the way my address is listed on the label. I have recently ordered items from China and have a lot in the past, and am hoping they didn’t send out the wrong item. I would like to figure out who the seller is to make sure I’m not receiving a wrong order however I can’t find anything on the label that would tell me such. None of my items show delivered and the package says untracked next to the barcode. Also I discovered a label under it and it’s addressed to someone that’s not me with a tracking number. I checked that tracking number but no info available, I’m thinking they reused an envelope. Is there a way to determine who sent the package?
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Package from China

@foxgurl360 wrote:
I received a package from China, but it’s not something I ordered. I know it’s from eBay from the way my address is listed on the label. I have recently ordered items from China and have a lot in the past, and am hoping they didn’t send out the wrong item. I would like to figure out who the seller is to make sure I’m not receiving a wrong order however I can’t find anything on the label that would tell me such. None of my items show delivered and the package says untracked next to the barcode. Also I discovered a label under it and it’s addressed to someone that’s not me with a tracking number. I checked that tracking number but no info available, I’m thinking they reused an envelope. Is there a way to determine who sent the package?

Have you ordered any fashion items recently from Chinese sellers? Chinese sellers are currently the last 2 feedbacks displaying for feedback received. It may have been miss-labeled when it was processed in customs and labels got switched. If that's the case, it may be an idea to ask for a refund. Very unlikely you would be able to coordinated a exchange/switch.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Package from China

You received a package which you did not order.

You did not pay for the package.

There is no return address on the package.

Happy unBirthday!

As I understand it, if a company sends you unsolicited goods, you can keep them or dispose of them as you wish.

The problem is that you still are expecting several items from China.

Go to-> My eBay-> Purchase History

You should have a list of all the items you have purchased on eBay in the past 60 days.

You can check off which ones have arrived and which have not.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Package from China

marnotom!
Community Member

I'm thinking that there's the possibility that the sender was using a mail consolidation service and the address below your address label is that of the consolidation service.  For whatever reason, the wrong shipping address got put on your package.

Is there a date on either label that comes close to the date you made one of your purchases on eBay?  Would that help narrow the field using the tips that @femmefan1946 gave in her post?

You should keep close tabs on your remaining orders from China.  If it turns out this item is one of your orders that's been misfilled, you may need to file a refund request through eBay if you're still within the timeframe to do so.  If you paid through PayPal, you should have more time to do this (180 days from purchase) through them than through eBay (30 days from last estimated delivery date).

Message 4 of 4
latest reply