Promo coupon - terms and condition not respected

It says in terms and condition that we can use 1 coupon per account but they do not allow us. I used the coupon for trading cards on one account, worked. Then i made a purchase on my second account, an account where my last order is one month ago (100% did not use coupon on this account), then:

Capture2 - Copy.PNG

Capture - Copy (3).PNG

Truly fishy. They push people to purchase and do not respect terms and condition. Not the first time i face similar situation. 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

You are the BUYER

Even if you have many accounts you only get to use the coupon one time on one of your accounts, not on each of your accounts once.

https://pages.ebay.ca/redeemcoupon/

Can a coupon be redeemed more than once?

Most eBay coupons are limited to one-time use. Check the terms and conditions of your coupon to see how many times the coupon may be used.

Can I give my coupon to someone else?

It depends on the terms and conditions of the offer. Some coupons can only be redeemed by you, and can't be shared. If the coupon appears in your My eBay account, the coupon may only be redeemed by you through that eBay account and its associated eBay username. In these cases, it can't be resold or transferred in any way.

If the coupon does not appear in your My eBay account, it is possible that you may be able to share the coupon code with someone else. Check the terms and conditions of the coupon for details.

The promotion was sent to which account of yours?

SO no you cannot use it on another account you have registered if it also did not receive that same offer.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

You can use those coupon, ONCE PER EBAY ACCOUNT. Literally highlighted in yellow.

I have 3 accounts, it worked on 2. 

You never stop eh. 

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

This is not a coupon specific to one account. This is a coupon available to everyone. And valid once per account. 

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@rocketscollectibles wrote:

This is not a coupon specific to one account. This is a coupon available to everyone. And valid once per account. 

This is a targeted promotion to MEMBERS (potential BUYERS like yourself)  in your specific categories, not everyone, I never get promotions for these categories because I never use them... 

And, it is valid once per Member for that specific account, so you cannot transfer it to another account and use it again unless that account also got a message regarding the same promotion.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

This is not a promotion 'targeted', do you even read? It is available to everyone. This is on the main ebay page. And one coupon per account. Can you stop arguing randomly on things you don't know. 

I contacted support and they told me exactly what i'm telling you. This is a coupon per account. I was eligible. And the only reason possible that it was not working is because the code was already maxed out. As it was 'while supplies last'. 

Thank you for showing once again that you only reply in my thread to be hostile. 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Terms & Conditions

What is the Promotion?

This Coupon is a $20 discount valid from March 28, 2024 at 10:00 AM ET until March 31, 2024 at 11:59 PM ET. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, duties, and taxes) of a single eligible item of $100 or more on eBay.ca, cafr.eBay.ca. Eligible item(s) include those purchased from the Trading Cards category: Sports Trading Cards, Non-Sport Trading Cards, Collectible Card Games, or Comics.

How to redeem your Coupon:

1. Shop for eligible items as listed above.

2. Pay for your item by 11:59 PM ET on March 31, 2024.

3. Enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field: COLLECT24

Additional Coupon Terms & Conditions:

Coupon can be used once per eBay account within a single transaction (or cart), while supplies last. Only registered eBay members with an address located in Canada can receive the discount. Any unused difference between the discount amount, as shown on the Coupon, and the purchase price of an item(s) in a single transaction (or cart) will be forfeited.

Coupon is subject to Canadian laws, void where prohibited, not redeemable for cash, has no face value, and cannot be combined with any other Coupon. eBay may cancel, amend, or revoke the Coupon at any time.

Each registered member no matter how MANY accounts they have ONLY gets to use the "Coupon Code" once, that is how the above reads and it also says one single purchase.

This Coupon is a $20 discount valid from March 28, 2024 at 10:00 AM ET until March 31, 2024 at 11:59 PM ET. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, duties, and taxes) of a single eligible item of $100 or more on eBay.ca, cafr.eBay.ca.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Each registered member no matter how MANY accounts they have ONLY gets to use the "Coupon Code" once, that is how the above reads and it also says one single purchase.

It is one coupon per account:

Coupon can be used once per eBay account 

I have 3 accounts, it worked on 2 accounts out of 3. Support also confirmed, ONCE PER ACCOUNT. 

Read re read read re read read re read if you still don't understand.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Will close this thread as once again and again the same user ruins my threads. Situation got answers from support team. 

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
According to this eBay Canada help page, coupons and discount offers can not be transferred between eBay accounts:

https://www.ebay.ca/help/buying/paying-items/coupons-discounts?id=4034

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

The poster will not agree with us no matter what we write, never do, and we are always accused of "infesting" and interfering with them and their agenda of issues, nothing we can do about that other than put the facts and ignore the emotional tone of these posts...

You are correct though, you CANNOT transfer an offer from one account to another, you get one special, not multiple spread over multiple accounts.

They came looking for validation for this  "Promo coupon - terms and condition not respected" and "Truly fishy. They push people to purchase and do not respect terms and condition. Not the first time i face similar situation."

Millions of users got access to this promotion, but I have heard nothing from anyone else about it being "Fishy, Pushy or not following the Terms & Conditions' nor is there any talk about this promotion anywhere....

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

2 min article

Coupons and discounts

Things to remember when using a coupon or discount offer:

• Coupons and discount offers are only valid for a limited time, so always check the expiration date
  • You can only use one coupon or offer per purchase
  • Always check the terms and conditions for full details of the coupon or offer so you understand the requirements and know what's included and what's not before you get to checkout
  • Coupons and discount offers can not be transferred between eBay accounts

You have 3 accounts you get to use the coupon ONCE - that is the standard practice across most online platforms

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

2 min article

Coupons and discounts

Things to remember when using a coupon or discount offer:

• Coupons and discount offers are only valid for a limited time, so always check the expiration date
  • You can only use one coupon or offer per purchase
  • Always check the terms and conditions for full details of the coupon or offer so you understand the requirements and know what's included and what's not before you get to checkout
  • Coupons and discount offers can not be transferred between eBay accounts

You have 3 accounts you get to use the coupon ONCE - that is the standard practice across most online platforms

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

This is not a transfer between account. Each account has 1 coupon. Each account use it's own coupon. This is a code at checkout that can be used once per account. This is written in terms and condition of the promo. As shared like 5 times: 

Coupon can be used once per eBay account 

Tests confimed. Support confirmed. Terms and conditions confirms. Support said that the only reason it was not working is because it was maxed out and there was no more coupons available.

I truly don't understand the debate you guys bringing, there is just none. 

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

This topic has been locked at the request of the Original Poster.

Thanks to everyone for participating.

Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 15 of 15
latest reply