Safe to buy from US sellers?

Even though the strike is over now, will US sellers be able to mail parcels to Canada at this point in time or will the post office not be able to accept any more parcels sent to Canada until the current backlog is cleared?

I'm looking into buying a few items today, but the seller is shipping through USPS and I"m worried it might not get accepted by the post office.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I have received two packages mailed from the US by Priority

in the past few days that came with no problem.  I am waiting on

a third package sent by USPS International Rate and the tracking

shows it is being processed in Canada.  No problem as I think

Canada Post is making up for lost time.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

If you urgently need it before Christmas, don't buy from the USA.

If you buy it within Canada, ask BEFORE BUYING that the seller use a tracked shipping service since these are being processed first.

If you don't need it before Christmas, let your seller know that you understand that shipping will be slow.

Keep in mind that you have 30 days from the last estimated date for Delivery to file an Item Not Received with eBay and 180 days from payment to file with Paypal.

You could also ask the seller to use a courier like UPS, but there is a 5000 post thread in the Archives complaining about their $25 and up customs brokerage charge.

And if the seller is using the Global Shipping Program (spit spit spit) your purchase will come under the 'tracked' parcels consideration.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I have received two packages mailed from the US by Priority

in the past few days that came with no problem.  I am waiting on

a third package sent by USPS International Rate and the tracking

shows it is being processed in Canada.  No problem as I think

Canada Post is making up for lost time.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

If you urgently need it before Christmas, don't buy from the USA.

If you buy it within Canada, ask BEFORE BUYING that the seller use a tracked shipping service since these are being processed first.

If you don't need it before Christmas, let your seller know that you understand that shipping will be slow.

Keep in mind that you have 30 days from the last estimated date for Delivery to file an Item Not Received with eBay and 180 days from payment to file with Paypal.

You could also ask the seller to use a courier like UPS, but there is a 5000 post thread in the Archives complaining about their $25 and up customs brokerage charge.

And if the seller is using the Global Shipping Program (spit spit spit) your purchase will come under the 'tracked' parcels consideration.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Can you ship instead to an address in the USA and bring it across the border yourself by car? That’s what I’m doing for three things I could not find in Canada anywhere. I’ll self-broker and pay taxes but that’s what Santa does when she needs to do it.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply