Sellers not leaving feedback - Is this a new trend on eBay ?!?

Great! Over the last few weeks, I've had 5 sellers not leaving any feedback, even after I gave them 5 stars ratings. Why should they? It is just simple, basic curtesy IMHO. From my point of view I just find it rude, and I just won't purchase from these guys in the future.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Don't worry about it ... IT just happens ... I have over 7000 sales and just over 4000 feedback... It is an optional thing and many buyer and sellers choose to not bother... Just part of all the fun ...

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Remember you buy for a good deal

I sell to make money

We don't do this for feedbaqck so don't worry about it .. It might be annoying but just forget abuot it and buy from the best sellers with the best deals and forget about feedback or you will drive yourself nut for nothing...

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

cbsalesnb
Community Member

Feedback is part of the customer experience, so those who choose not to do it are undoubtedly losing a bit of repeat business.

As a seller, I find that I receive roughly 60% feedback. That is, for every 10 transactions, I may get 6 feedbacks.

As a buyer, I find it to be about 90%, maybe a bit higher.

It is optional, so nobody has to do it, but to me I think it's worth the extra little effort, especially as a seller. It's also an easy way to say thank you to the buyer.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I agree with you I leave feedback for all buyers right after payment automatically ... IT is a part of the customer experience for sure but I wouldn't worry partner just happen .. I am pretty laid back to most people so when I buy I care about 1 thing only the price.. I don't care about negs opr anything . I iusually don't care if I wait a month or if they communicate .. I am alot better seller then I have expectations for other sellers LOL ...

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Buyers cannot force a seller to leave feedback.

Some buyers have tried to get all sellers to leave feedback  and were suspended or are no longer a registered user.

There was a person on eBay.com that said in her About Me page that if she did not receive a feedback... seller would get a negative... She was suspended

And as a buyer if you leave a negative....  Sellers will see that and perhaps delete your bid and block you as potential buyer on an auction listing.

Sellers cannot leave negative feedback.

Accept the fact that not all buyers or seller will leave feedback

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

Old thread, but still relevant...

I've made many purchases in the past month, of which 8 of the sellers, whose orders varied between $15 and $90,  never bothered to express any form of thanks.

Do I still owe them feedback? Nope. Maybe they think so.

If you don't appreciate my patronage, then wishing for more in terms of  feedback might just be 'careful what you wish for'.

I don't care how busy you are, etc.

Neutral feedback might be more appropriate.

I know some have said nobody looks at feedback.

I have always checked buyer's and seller's feedback relative to whether I'm buying or selling.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I stopped leaving feedback when Ebay stopped allowing sellers to leave negative feedback.  The entire purpose of feedback is for buyers and sellers to be able to see what others experienced when dealing with person X.  If ebay won't allow sellers to leave anything but a positive, then feedback no longer has meaning as it's not longer 'feedback', it's simply a lie, and should be added automatically by ebay (since it has to be positive regardless) as opposed to asking us to waste our time.  Leaving no feedback, even when I have a terrible experience with a seller, is my way of reminding ebay that you can't ask us to voice our opinion while telling us what our opinion has to be.  This isn't the Trump administration lol

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

There are several methods available to sellers to express appreciation for patronage.

If I've not received a thank-you, or was gouged on shipping, or the seller took their sweet time shipping (I don't care if eBay says you've got a month to deliver a letter  to Vancouver from Toronto), you're gonna get neutral feedback.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2013

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hey everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 11
latest reply