Should I be worried? (Shipping/fed ex/gsp)

ma548296
Community Member
It been 9 days since I ordered an item from eBay. Estimated delievery is on March 28th and it’s currently March 16th. The seller says the item has been shipped to GSP but when I went to track it on Fed Ex, it went from ‘Scheduled Delivery: March 14th’ to ‘Scheduled Delivery: Pending’. It’s been like that for 3 days. The destination listed on it was to the global shipping center. Is the item still in the seller’s hands? Is it on its way?
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

marnotom!
Community Member
From the information you've provided, I can't see why or how the item would still be with the seller.

Tracking only tells you where the item last received a scan. It doesn't tell you where it is in real-time. (Maybe it will one day if GPS technology permits it.) Knowing where your item may be doesn't really do you a lot of good in the grand scheme of things. For buyers, it's more important that you receive the correct item in the advertised condition in the stated timeframe.

Your item still has another eleven days to be considered "on time". No need to worry yet. If you want to pursue another tracking angle, though, try entering the GSP "UPA" code here to see if it's been scanned as received at the Global Shipping Center:

https://parceltracking.pb.com
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Estimated delievery is on March 28th and it’s currently March 16th.

Mark March 28 on your calendar and don't fuss until then.

In my 35+years in mail order, it takes about 20 days for a parcel to arrive from anywhere in North America. Often less.

Your seller using the GSP means he shipped your parcel to their plant in Erlanger KY. Once there his responsibility for delivery ends.

The GSP puts your parcel with thousands of others on a truck to Canada.

It has already been assessed for duty and sales tax, that's the payment of import fees to PitneyBowes you see on your Paypal account.

Once in Canada it is usually transferred to Canada Post for delivery to you.

If you are not home when the parcel arrives, the carrier might leave it. If this concerns you, put a NO SAFE DROP notice on your mailbox. He will then leave a delivery notice telling you to pick up at your local PO.

It’s been like that for 3 days.

Yes.

It's the weekend.

If it wasn't delivered by FedEx on Friday, it will be on Monday.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply