Spoke and Hub delivery systems.

These come up constantly- especially in discussions of the Global Shipping Program.

But they are also used by most courier and postal systems.

Today I found a diagram of Air Canada's spoke and hub distribution (flight) system and thought it might explain a few things to upset buyers.

spoke and hub Air Canada 1.jpeg

Just as you can't go from Fort MacMurray to Saskatoon without going through Calgary abd Regina or from Gander to Thunder Bay without passing through Halifax, Ottawa, and Toronto,  so your package will not get to Vancouver from California without a trip to Kentucky and probably Mississauga.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@femmefan1946 

It's too bad something similar wasn't included with GPS page for buyers and sellers. Even as a basic guideline. Would help relieve some of the confusion and frustration.

Another thing that happens quite often is miss-sorts. Sometimes documented but not always and something a seller has ZERO control over.

I had  a package go Calgary--Regina--Wpg--Montreal--Wpg--Ottawa--Mtl--Halifax. (****Take the long way home****)

Recent Amazon parcel from Kirkland, WA...Kent Wa--Achorage, AK--Back to Kent--Richmond--Calgary

Can hardly wait until eBay gets a GSP Distribution Center in Canada. The thought makes ones head spin.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I'm currently waiting for my latest Firefly Loot Crate which according to tracking made it to Vancouver (but not Richmond) and is now apparently on its way back to California.

I'm in Victoria. I can see the USA from my back porch. (Well, from Willow Beach about 10 blocks from my house.)

The new owners of LC are apparently no more competent than the old bankrupt ones.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply