Unable to Deliver - Returned to Shipper from Sort Facility

daeunjung
Community Member

Tracking information says "Unable to Deliver - Returned to Shipper from Sort Facility". 

I have a ring doorbell, and I have all the video history of visitors. However, I can't find any delivery personnel who showed up nor pressed the doorbell.

Nobody came that day which is the AppleExpress tracking system says "Out for Delivery".

I can't believe this happened. I really didn't want to buy something from ebay, but I had no choice. And this happened. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Apple Express is terrible.

There have been multiple reports here for well over 18 months.

Usually the item was purchased from a US seller who uses the Global Shipping Program as a Seller Protection.

But that's background.

You are covered by eBay, by the GSP, by Paypal, and if you used it by your credit card.

Start with Apple Delivery.

Phone them and ask where your package is and  (politely) tell them to deliver it.

Remember that the messages are boilerplate and the package might still be on the carrier's truck or may be on its way back to the GSP plant in Kentucy.

Phone and find out.

Has the last estimated date for delivery that eBay gave you passed?

If not, there's not much you can do at the moment, but when it does pass without delivery, you can open an Item Not Received dispute with eBay.

Remember to state that this was a GSP shipment.

GSP is pretty good. When they can't see delivery, they usually just refund. We private sellers tend to be more stressed than that.

tyler@ebay   Bloody Apple Express again.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

@daeunjung wrote:

Tracking information says "Unable to Deliver - Returned to Shipper from Sort Facility". 

I have a ring doorbell, and I have all the video history of visitors. However, I can't find any delivery personnel who showed up nor pressed the doorbell.

Nobody came that day which is the AppleExpress tracking system says "Out for Delivery".

I can't believe this happened. I really didn't want to buy something from ebay, but I had no choice. And this happened. 

The way I'm reading the tracking information, nobody even attempted to deliver the item.  It went to the sort facility (from who knows where), somebody looked at it and declared that it couldn't be delivered by Apple Express, so it went back to whoever sent it to Apple Express, probably some delivery hub in central Canada that received the item from whoever transported it from the US.

I'm thinking there's a chance the item may come back your way via a different carrier.  When is the last estimated date of delivery for the item?

Message 3 of 3
latest reply