Who to contact when Pitney Bowes tracking never gets updated?

I've been checking tracking information for a package shipped in the US towards Canada and for two weeks now the tracking information has not been updated -- it is stuck at "Cleared Customs - Toronto".

It was due to arrive May 1st -- and has not.

When contacted Pitney Bowes say that they have no additional information about the shipment (even though I believe it would be their responsibility) -- but Ebay tracking does not seem to have much information either.

Who should I contact to check whether my package hasn't been forgotten on a dock somewhere by the courier?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately there really is no one that is going to look for it for you. It isn't that uncommon for there to be little to no tracking information once it reaches customs even when it is enroute to you.  I would probably wait for a few more days and then file a claim with ebay.   

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Unfortunately there really is no one that is going to look for it for you. It isn't that uncommon for there to be little to no tracking information once it reaches customs even when it is enroute to you.  I would probably wait for a few more days and then file a claim with ebay.   

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thanks!

Luckily today I see that the tracking information has been updated (finally after 14 days straight of no activity) -- I see that the package is expected to be delivered by the end of the day.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Yup Pitney Bowes is useless for GSP items once they cross the border.  I got a refund on my LAST GSP item. This is a regular occurrence with the GSP as Pitney Bowes is using cheap couriers who do not provide tracking.  It also allows you to try to guess what courier may or may not show up with your delivery as well as what date. Keep the buyers in the dark. Makes them want to use the GSP even more. NOT!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I've also had items sit gathering dust in "cross-dock" for as long as 14 days. Global Shipping is a crummy system, but marginally better than paying $50 or 60 to have a small item delivered through eBay's relatively new "International Shipping". You would think that making buyers happy would be a primary eBay consideration, but lately we seem to be a low priority! I buy less and less these days...

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

ZOMBIE POST FROM MAY 2022

The problem with zombie posts is that the information and advice may now be out of date and inaccurate.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I have also had the same problem with international shipments that I am to receive.its usually a Customs issue not enough info etc. And if that is the case it sits it a wharehouse for 30days I believe and if no one provided the info it's lacking it will be auctioned off frustrating because now the issue is to retrieve your money so the shippers credentials must be one of good status
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 8 of 8
latest reply