contact ebay customer service by phone to help with return

hello

I bought a tool that was shown and described  to be certain way and received a different variation of that tool that will not work for me

I started a return process ...I described in words and a photo what the problem was , the return was immediately  accepted ...all I had to do was pay for shipping the item back to china then within 2 days after them receiving it a refund would be given

that's not acceptable at all to me

I have tried to find a phone number to actually speak to an Ebay rep but I cannot see anything at all ... all thoughts appreciated !

thank you

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

You opened a Not As Described dispute which normally means the seller has to supply the Return Shipping. '

In some cases, eBay will pay for a Return Shipping Label and charge it to the seller.

What seems to have happened is that your detailed description of the problem made some robot (or possibly a human clerk) decide that the Dispute was a case of Buyer's Remorse.

That you got what was offered, but didn't like it or found that it was not what you needed.

With Buyer's Remorse, since there is no fault on the part of the seller, the Buyer pays for return shipping (overseas and with tracking- ugh) and the seller is not required to refund the shipping portion of the original payment.

Now just to be clear.

The "return process" was done through eBay's Resolution Centre?

The Dispute was "not as described"?

In future, all you need to say is that the item is not as described. KISS.

Most sellers here (including me) feel that eBay is too much on the side of buyers in Disputes. Your experience is an outlier.

Avoid the phone reps. They have a terrible reputation for inadequate service. Try the FaceBook or Twitter pages instead. Those reps seem to have better training.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

When you open a return request the first few reasons for the return are deemed to be 'buyer remorse' returns  which means that that you are responsible for return shipping. If you chose on of the reasons that the bot decided was  a buyers remorse reason, they would have put the onus on you to pay for shipping...no person looks at the explanation or pictures at this point.

What is the problem..did the seller send the wrong part, misrepresent the item, did you order the wrong thing or....? Which reason for the return did you check off?

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

thanks for this info ...it makes sense although ....I'm in a gray zone ,

the seller posted several pictures of buffing wheels showing a half inch center hole , but they arrived with a  very small hole 3.5mm

after querying him (seller) he said that the info on the ad stated these  small holes , it was challenging for me  to drill down to find any info ...item description. which were showing several differing items under that heading w more photos ( large hole ) then stating small hole .

He told me that "he's correct end of matter" 

I think its very confusing ...the listing is for 8" buffing wheels , no mention of center hole size and 6 photos of 1/2" center holes

its the in the fine print

I'm not happy I can't even read the address in China to send back

any thoughts about an appeal ?

thanks again

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I said not as described ... but as I explained above I'm in a gray zone , the seller says the fine print proves he wins ....I think its very wrong that a seller can post a photo of a different item send to the buyer then when the buyer is not happy ...point out the fine print that says they got you
thanks
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Generally the bots do a better job than the humans, but in this case go to FaceBook or Twitter and see if you can't appeal the decision.

At least the part where you have to return the poorly described item before getting a refund.

And you have 60 days from purchase to leave appropriate feedback.Do NOT mention the dispute in feedback and do not mention feedback to the seller.

"Description does not match pictures Difficult communication" perhaps.

And from Department 20/20:  If the listing is confusing, ask the seller. If the answer is confusing, don't buy. If there is no answer, don't buy.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Just for curiosity, was it a multi-item listing where you have to choose from a drop-down menu?

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

If you used the reason that the item was not as described the seller did not have a choice on whether or not to accept the return and pay for return shipping. eBay doesn't care if the seller thinks that they are in the right...the seller is responsible for return shipping and if they want to appeal once they get the item back, they can do so then...not before. You said that the return was already accepted so am I correct in saying that the only issue right now is that the seller won't pay for return shipping?

If both you and the seller were in the US ebay would automatically issue a return label for you  but since you are both outside of the US the process isn't as straight forward.  Once the return is accepted there doesn't seem to be an online option for the buyer to tell ebay that the seller has not issued a return label or sent money for one so you will have to contact them and let them know what it is going on. If I were you though I would first figure out how much return shipping with tracking would be and let the seller know that cost.  You would have to send it with xpresspost to have tracking to China and I'm guessing that starts at around $70-$80.

You can estimate the cost online at the CP website. 

https://www.canadapost.ca/information/app/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s2

You can contact ebay customer service on ebay or twitter by sending them a private message and waiting for a reply.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

https://twitter.com/askebay

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

aw35-46
Community Member

I need a phone number for eBay to fix a delivery problem I can't pay for and I paid shipping anyway when I bought it, ny name is Allan ****, I bought a CB Radio called 

Icom Ic-211e 2 Meter Multimode Ham Band Transceiver

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2021.

The problem with zombie threads is that theadvice may be out of date and incorrect.

In your case you DON"T want to talk to the phone reps who don't actually work for eBaybut for a contractor in Utah.

You want the employees on social media who are well trained and have some authority.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

Also you get a transcript.

@aw35-46 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@aw35-46 

You bought . You paid.
It sounds as if the shipping company wants more money for import fees before they will hand over your purchase.

If you are importing from the USA the duty-free allowance is $150Cdn and the tax-free allowance is $40.

For the rest of the world the allowance is only $20Cdn.

The company also will charge a service/customs brokerage fee. The cheapest is CanadaPost's $9.95.

If that's the case,  it is your duty as a Canadian resident to pay.  EBay cannot help you.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

They will probably close this thead as it is from 2021 but posts 10 and 11 give you information that may help you.  If not, you can start a new thread by clicking on the 'Start a conversation' blue button on the buying board page.   Some posters here may be able to help but we need more information about your problem.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue discussing this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 13 of 13
latest reply