eBay says wait even though item did not ship advise please

I recently purchased a watch, seller is in NY i'm in Ontario Canada.  I paid in full within seconds of offer being accepted and item is marked paid on February 5th.  For some reason the item is immediatley  an estimated delivery of between February 21st and March 21st.  Potential border delays or something.  Anyways, seller never ships item, says he is going to a couple times apolgizes never does ship, never communicates again and i try to cancel transaction.  Ebay won't let me cancel the transaction until after the 22 of March, 45 days after i paid in full.  

I could really use some advise, i need a new watch as i sold mine and i dont want to order until refunded but also missed out on a second one that i wanted now.  Plus i see people say don't wait 45 or 60 days but that is exactly what ebay reps are asking me to do.

Looking for some advise. thanks.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Not every seller uses tracking. It is a Seller Protection and not really much use to the Buyer, who pays extra for the stress.

However, most US sellers do, and in any case a watch is bulky enough that a tracked Parcel rate would be necessary.

While you cannot open an eBay Dispute until the last estimated date for delivery (March 21) has passed, you are also covered by Paypal's Buyer Protection for 180 days from Payment.

Which would be today.

A couple of things about PP Protection.

Their Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

The suggestion to Contact the Seller is not a requirement, and you've done that anyway.

If the seller cannot show (with the Tracking) that the item has been delivered (not shipped, delivered) you will be refunded.

Don't expect this to be instantaneous. Both eBay and PP are mediating between the two of you, and he is just as right as you are until he is proven wrong

Also. If the watch actually arrives , but doesn't work, eBay will not let you open a Not As Described dispute if you have opened a PP account.(But PP does allow you to open an eBay account before opening one with them).

Don't close your Dispute until you have either the money, or the watch in satisfactory condition.

A month seems a long time for delivery. I wonder if the seller is dropshipping from overseas?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

He claims it was too big for his wrist and that was the reason for sale and he is in New York, so only 405 miles from place to place so 99% sure it was not a drop ship issue, but you never know.   

The PP advise is awesome, i am going to try that now.  thank you.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

I get the impression from the listing page that this item was sold by a Regular Joe just trying to earn a bit of extra money, rather than somebody who considers their eBay sales to be a "business".  There's pros and cons to dealing with sellers like that, and you've run into one of the challenges.  It looks as though the seller wasn't prepared for a sale to Canada as the dreaded "May not ship to Canada" message shows up in the "shipping" section of the listing.  Did you contact the seller prior to purchase to work out a shipping method?

Some--if not many--US sellers are flummoxed by the prospect of shipping outside of the country and consider it a Really Big Deal to leave the house to ship stuff off.  It sounds as though this seller might be used to just leaving their items out to be picked up by a carrier and they can't do that for this item, for whatever reason (possibly its value).

Message 4 of 4
latest reply