eBay tracking shows delivered but Canada Post shows still in transit

jdj53
Community Member

This is a new one on me. Last night eBay tracking shows an antique mustard pot from the UK with a green delivered, but the last point of delivery says Item received at sorting office, not to postal box. Item was not in my postal box. However, when I put the tracking number into Canada Post, it shows item still in transit from Mississauga. I had given Canada Post my email for tax or duty notification,  but no duty or tax remittance was asked for. Anyone seen anything like this where it shows as delivered by eBay but not by Canada Post? I’ve seen it the other way around, but not this way. So, according to eBay the item was delivered but to where and who?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: eBay tracking shows delivered but Canada Post shows still in transit

marnotom!
Community Member
What does the tracking show on the Royal Mail website?
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Canada Post just updated to Out for Delivery, as does Royal Mail. eBay says delivered yesterday. Just another eBay hiccup, I guess. Usually it is the other way around, no updates from eBay, even after delivery.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Delivered today by CP. Normally, I don’t watch tracking, but when I saw the item showing delivered on eBay yesterday evening, I became concerned that it had been mis-delivered. Everything ended up as it should!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply