Off Topic: Amazon's shipping has become REALLY slow

i'm referring to the time it takes them to actually ship the item, not the time the item is in transit with whatever carrier once it's been shipped.  I've got a purchase that was an in stock item with Amz and sold and shipped by Amz that has been sitting a week and still has not been shipped.

I am not a Prime Member but a couple of months ago was given a free month of Prime as a promotion by Amz and the time it took to ship my item then was still really slow.  Gave me no incentive to buy a Prime membership.   

Am i the only one experiencing this?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Amazon has been excellent in shipping & delivery of any items have purchased throughout 2023...most recent purchase a week ago...excellent service from Amazon! (am a Prime Member) and have NEVER ordered from a third party seller either...If Amazon Prime cannot provide an instock, fullfilled by Amazon product, shipped by Amazon, I simply do not purchase....

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

Amazon has been excellent in shipping & delivery of any items have purchased throughout 2023...most recent purchase a week ago...excellent service from Amazon! (am a Prime Member) and have NEVER ordered from a third party seller either...If Amazon Prime cannot provide an instock, fullfilled by Amazon product, shipped by Amazon, I simply do not purchase....

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

@fergua3 

@mrdutch1001 

I believe with Amazon it really depends on where the buyer is located in relationship to the warehouse being shipped from. I'm in Calgary with a warehouse slightly outside of town with Prime. When we first ordered stuff routinely would show up the next day. Now some is but can be up to 2,3,4 or 7 days depending on the item still coming from out of town warehouse. The delivery time has also changed after the order was placed. We too avoid buying anything that is not stocked at amazon (3rd party items) whenever possible. But for some items you may have no choice. From USA would be a last last last resort.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

ok, so i called Amz customer service.   When i bought the item it showed in stock and a delivery  date of 4 days from day of purchase.  As it turns out, the item is not actually in stock and won't be until October 20.   So i can wait or cancel the order, i was told.  Gee thanks for the options.

Big F- to Amz on this one.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@fergua3 wrote:

ok, so i called Amz customer service.   When i bought the item it showed in stock and a delivery  date of 4 days from day of purchase.  As it turns out, the item is not actually in stock and won't be until October 20.   So i can wait or cancel the order, i was told.  Gee thanks for the options.

Big F- to Amz on this one.

@fergua3 

Most likely what happened was you and someone else hit buy now at almost the same time. Other buyer won out. (2nd possibility was an inventory discrepancy when you went to place order.) When I worked in warehousing without/with computer it was first come first serve. (Computer automatically allocated). When there was a descrepancy (more or less stock than there should be) cs could check stock and confirm/correct balances. Twas wacky when system went down and had to go old school.....Manually fill orders. All orders HAD to be mandatorily filled on as received basis. CS had the only override power. 

-Lotz

As a side CT's available inventory is almost NEVER accurate from my experience. If you need something critically best to phone and confirm prior to making the trip. Then put on hold.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

when i bought it said 'in stock'  which means there were at least 11 available.  In fact the listing still says 'in stock' with the same 4 days from now delivery date.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

It's possible the person filling your order couldn't find so put it on back order until more(next) stock arrives. 

Unsure if Amazon deals with pre-order? If they do, they should state that in the description. 

-Lotz

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

It's hit and miss for me. If I treated eBay customers the same way Amazaon treats me, I would be banned from eBay. 

Some packages will come pretty quick. Some won't ship for a week, some won't ever ship and just say out of stock for weeks even though it was in stock when I purchased it.

I stopped most of my Amazon purchases cause of this stuff.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Amazon does a great job of advertising and of publicizing their swift delivery.

Not as good a job of following through.

Goebbels explained about how to use the Big Lie.

I wonder how many people still think AZ ever really did make deliveries by drone?

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I've had the same issue. Many of my orders don't seem to even ship until after the delivery date has passed. It's fast once it's in the mail though.  It definitely turned me off of the idea of using their MCF for eBay orders!

Message 10 of 10
latest reply