The Road to the GSP, etc. Started Here?

marnotom!
Community Member

This old .com discussion board thread started by a "pink" (when "pinks" were pink) in 2004 may be of some interest to those with a bit of holiday time on their hands.  I stopped reading after five pages or so, and there probably isn't much reason to go through all 130-plus pages.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-International-Trading/suggestions-to-eBay-on-improving-int-l-t...

I had forgotten how wonky PayPal was in its early days on eBay.  International sales weren't eligible for "seller protection" because non-US addresses weren't confirmable, and address confirmation was a requirement for "protection."

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: The Road to the GSP, etc. Started Here?

Wow marnotom, I see you were part of the discussion board even back in 2004! Impressive! You've truly been here a long time! And I thought I'd seen a lot of changes, you've sure got me beat!

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@msau4301 wrote:

Wow marnotom, I see you were part of the discussion board even back in 2004! Impressive! You've truly been here a long time! And I thought I'd seen a lot of changes, you've sure got me beat!

Browsed briefly. Interesting from 1 of the original responses, stop fixing what isn't broken. I guess some things never change!!!  😥

-Lotz

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Lol, members have been making this request almost 20 years, so it's falling on deaf ears it would seem!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

What can I say? I have no life. 😜
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Since the GSP was first introduced...

I have used it about 5-6 over ALL these years, it was never a ``thorn in my side`` but evidently some people have spent a lot of time moaning for nothing because, at the end of the day, it is just fading away.

Glad I never wasted my time posting on a subject that was a simple solution, buy it from someone else.

Now, get ready for the sequel & what comes next...

`Brokerage Fees charged at your door``

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@marnotom! wrote:

This old .com discussion board thread started by a "pink" (when "pinks" were pink) in 2004 may be of some interest to those with a bit of holiday time on their hands.  I stopped reading after five pages or so, and there probably isn't much reason to go through all 130-plus pages.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-International-Trading/suggestions-to-eBay-on-improving-int-l-t...

I had forgotten how wonky PayPal was in its early days on eBay.  International sales weren't eligible for "seller protection" because non-US addresses weren't confirmable, and address confirmation was a requirement for "protection."

2013 After the roll out of GSP

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Archive-1/Canadian-buyers-and-GSP/td-p/124659

It's interesting that GSP was basically up and running for 10 years before they chose to roll out an alternative.  There may have been transactions that went smoothly with GSP but for anyone that did have problems most likely it was a nightmare. The number of posts on the subject(both boards) prove that was the case. Hopefully this new program was better researched/tested before implementation so the same types of problems don't attack users again. Sellers & buyers!!!

-Lotz

Message 7 of 7
latest reply