Ebay.ca is presently telling all potential international buyers that I will not ship to them.

I am a long time top rated seller.

I received an email from an American in North Carolina (we ship to all US addresses, including his), that my ebay auction, has a message on it that I will not ship to his address.

Upon investigation, all my Good Till Cancelled and Auction listings, only give a shipping price to Canadian addresses.   Everywhere on the planet is blank, and I assume those potential buyers are also being told I will not ship to them.

I had a similar experience with a batch of 10 auctions about a month ago.   Ebay assured me the problem would be fixed by the end of the auctions  - it wasn't.   I got much lower final auction prices as a result

I then started another batch of 10 day auctions.    This time at least one of them was affected.   I discovered the affected auction because a potential US bidder wrote to me asking if he could get me to ship to him!    He wrote to me in the last 24 hours, so I was unable to cancel the auction.   I started the auction at $9.99 and it was still at that price, even though it was a camera that should get lots of interest, and sell for about $80.   I phoned ebay, and they acknowledged the problem, but they refused to end the auction.   The item ended for just $15.50 - no doubt because ebay had sabotaged the auction by telling all potential international bidders that I would not ship to them.    Ebay did tell me this problem would be fixed within a day or two.

I then started another batch of 10 day auctions.    When I started them, they seemed to be working.    But now its even worse.    All my listings are only giving shipping rates to Canadain addresses, and as far as I can tell, all potential international bidders are being told by ebay in bold Red Letters, that I will not ship to them.

Luckily I have enough time to cancel my auctions, which I will do in the morning after talking with ebay.

Hopefully the solution will be to relist on ebay.com 

If you have auctions currently in ebay.ca, I encourage you to look and see if anyone outside of Canada is receiving a shipping rate, and/or if they are being told you will not ship to them.

Message 1 of 172
latest reply
171 REPLIES 171

Re: Ebay.ca is presently telling all potential international buyers that I will not ship to them.

This listing also exceeds the volumetric limit for USA Tracked Packet when I plug into the Canada Post Fund a Rate calculator a box of the size to fit it for safe international shipping as well as estimate the overall weight of the package when properly assembled. 

What size box are you entering?

Message 161 of 172
latest reply

Re: Ebay.ca is presently telling all potential international buyers that I will not ship to them.

For which one? Both listings identified as not showing Tracked Packet USA when he/she thought they should teetered over the line between over and under the volumetric limit for that service. As these are breakables (art and antiques) I'm assuming they're not being chucked into used cereal boxes but set into cardboard packaging that accommodates for their size dimension and weight and then padded with the appropriate cushioning material. 

Message 162 of 172
latest reply

Besides, it really doesn't matter what size box that I am entering, what matters is the specific size and weight the user has embedded in his/her selling form. That is the truly relevant answer. 

Message 163 of 172
latest reply

Obviously otherwise I would not be offering tracked packet USA
Message 164 of 172
latest reply

Please re read my statement and try it to confuse tracked packet USA and tracked packet international. The former had a 1kg limit which is why I am not using it or using this listing for any illustrative purpose regarding tracked packet USA
Message 165 of 172
latest reply

Clueless. Maybe you two can get a job with eBay
Message 166 of 172
latest reply

Do you seriously expect that you can continue to say things such as that to the people here? 

Message 167 of 172
latest reply

@avionsunantiques wrote:
Please re read my statement and try it to confuse tracked packet USA and tracked packet international....

I'm not confused. I see what is happening here but I would like it to be clear for the others who come to ebay Canada Community for assistance with this problem to see the precise nature of your problem here.

Please explain what point you are trying to make again. From the top. 

Message 168 of 172
latest reply

Obviously there are problems with the calculator but when one seller's listing have the same options as another sellers but they are not being shown in the same way,  it is often because  one person is doing something different than the other one.  Many sellers are not familiar with dimensions and weight restrictions on the various package sizes so that is the easiest thing to check first.  We were simply trying to help you to figure out if there was an input problem but you've suggested that you know it all already so obviously you don't need or want any help.

I do have to say this....Your business seems to do fairly well so I am going to assume that your attitude towards your customers is much better than your superior attitude towards other sellers who were trying to help. 

Message 169 of 172
latest reply

Thank you, pj. As always, you are the epitome of both getting to the point and diplomacy. 

Message 170 of 172
latest reply

Hi folks,

This topic has been locked due to hostile comments and interpersonal disputes.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 171 of 172
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone! I just wanted to update this thread and let you know I received word this morning that the fix our product team has been working on was rolled out. Buyers are now able to calculate shipping rates on listings (including to the US). 

The 'invalid postal code' message display issue remains and is being worked on currently. Thanks for your patience while this has been sorted out!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 172 of 172
latest reply