June 13th 2018

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi Everyone -

Opening the chat up for our talk tomorrow. It's been a crazy day so I don't have much witty to add.

Will a humorous image suffice? See you tomorrow!

Image result for funny tuesday memes

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

June 13th 2018

tyler@ebay wrote:

Hi Everyone -

Opening the chat up for our talk tomorrow. It's been a crazy day so I don't have much witty to add.

Will a humorous image suffice? See you tomorrow!

Image result for funny tuesday memes

Anything new as to when the new store tiers will come to Canada and when we can close or downgrade our stores without penalty?

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

June 13th 2018

Hello Tyler,

Is there a straight forward way to explain to US sellers how to ship to Canadian buyers bypassing using GSP.  I've spoken to numerous sellers in the US and was told they "Didn't know how" or that they were "Opted in and couldn't figure out a way to escape". This program may be useful for higher priced item but is entirely useless for lower valued ones. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Most Canadian buyers would like to be able to receive their items in a timely reasonably priced manner and GSP does nothing to assist them in to that goal.
 Thanks,
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

June 13th 2018

Let the seller know that you don't want a third party handling the item and give them your address (so they see the ship to location is Canada). Also let them know that USPS offers shipping options with tracking to your doorstep.

This usually works for me.....

If they don't respond, their either not interested in your business or too clueless to figure out how to opt out of the GSP from their own listing. 

Holding their hand can only get you so far....

If their "hip" to your suggestions then it shouldn't be a problem.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

June 13th 2018

Hi Tyler, what is going on with our stores? The logo and store description has disappeared on the new store format. I mentioned it on the sellers board and found out it isn’t just me, it has affected other buyers too. All the information has vanished from my Manage my Store page too. On my other ID everything shows up okay. 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

June 13th 2018

I wonder if eBay would allow a pinned thread giving the addresses of freight forwarding companies like chitchatexpress or redstallion?

One of the ongoing complaints from Canadian sellers is the high cost of shipping by Canada Post and as a result several companies have appeared that will collect parcels in Canada and take them to USPS across the border.

I don't have a dog in this hunt, because none of the companies is available to me in Victoria (poot!)  but they are mentioned quite often as a money saving option to new sellers.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

June 13th 2018

Hello Tyler: I know I have asked this before and I've searched without luck to find the answer

Drafts: How long do they stay active AND is that from the time of creation or the time of the latest edit

Specifically, I have some drafts that I created May 28. Will they automatically disappear on June 28
What if I add photos in the next couple days say on June 15. Are they then good for another 30 days from the time of editing?

I've gotten behind, and I know I will not get around to listing the drafts I made in May for June. I'm hoping that I will not have to do them all over again. <sigh> Sure miss Turbo Lister at times like this.

Also, while on the topic - 30 days seems a bit of a short time to write up drafts, take and upload photos and then plan when and how to list them. Is there any possibility that this time period could be extended, to 60 days.

Loosing listings has been the biggest issue since discontinuing Turbo Lister. It is such a waste of time having to re-do listings. Time could be much better spent
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

June 13th 2018

@dutchman48 wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:
*Removed*

Anything new as to when the new store tiers will come to Canada and when we can close or downgrade our stores without penalty?

Hi @dutchman48 - there's no current information about when the new stores will be available. Fingers crossed we hear something soon!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

June 13th 2018

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Tyler,

Is there a straight forward way to explain to US sellers how to ship to Canadian buyers bypassing using GSP.  I've spoken to numerous sellers in the US and was told they "Didn't know how" or that they were "Opted in and couldn't figure out a way to escape". This program may be useful for higher priced item but is entirely useless for lower valued ones. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Most Canadian buyers would like to be able to receive their items in a timely reasonably priced manner and GSP does nothing to assist them in to that goal.
 Thanks,

Hmm...that's a good question @lotzofuniquegoodies. I have two possible ways, though you'll have to decide if they're straightforward or not. 😉

1. Buyer 'requests total from seller'. This will send an invoice request. If a seller responds with an invoiced total that will remove the item from the Global Shipping Program. This option would need to be done with seller's advance notice as they'd need to input a shipping method and cost.

2. A seller can set up 'exceptions' to the GSP by country by going to Site Preferences>Shipping Preferences>Offer Global Shipping Program>Customize international shipping for some locations.

Once checked, a seller can go through and add an additional international shipping service to individual listings for a specific country (Canada) and that shipping option will be surfaced for buyers from that country instead of GSP.

Word of caution with this one: if a seller uses 'Worldwide shipping' instead of 'Will ship to X and the following:' in the listing form it will completely override GSP for all countries.

@silverpinups' idea may be most practical, but those are the two suggestions I can think of that may help!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

June 13th 2018

Thanks Tyler,

Will attempt that suggestion for future purchases. Was mostly finding it "interesting" US sellers had no idea on the fact at the amount of grief it causes a Canadian buyer. As for a seller to Opt out they didn't know they could or how as if it were a hidden procedure.

-CM

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

June 13th 2018

@vintagenorth wrote:

Hi Tyler, what is going on with our stores? The logo and store description has disappeared on the new store format. I mentioned it on the sellers board and found out it isn’t just me, it has affected other buyers too. All the information has vanished from my Manage my Store page too. On my other ID everything shows up okay. 

Hi @vintagenorth - with the new store format the logo dimensions were adjusted. You can still change or adjust it by going to Manage My Store>Display Settings>Store Logo.

The store description being missing is odd. I've sent a report to see if we can get to the bottom of this. When I hear back I'll update this thread and let you know!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

June 13th 2018

@femmefan1946 wrote:

I wonder if eBay would allow a pinned thread giving the addresses of freight forwarding companies like chitchatexpress or redstallion?

One of the ongoing complaints from Canadian sellers is the high cost of shipping by Canada Post and as a result several companies have appeared that will collect parcels in Canada and take them to USPS across the border.

I don't have a dog in this hunt, because none of the companies is available to me in Victoria (poot!)  but they are mentioned quite often as a money saving option to new sellers.

Oh, that's a good thought. I don't think there'd be an issue with something like that. If you want to put something together I can get it pinned. I think Seller Central may be the most applicable board for the time being.

What do you think about a new board that's dedicated to resources for sellers? Like handy tips, or how-tos? I've been thinking about putting something like that together for a bit now. Do you think it would be helpful?

*edited to tag @femmefan1946

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

June 13th 2018

@around_again_records wrote:
Hello Tyler: I know I have asked this before and I've searched without luck to find the answer

Drafts: How long do they stay active AND is that from the time of creation or the time of the latest edit

Specifically, I have some drafts that I created May 28. Will they automatically disappear on June 28
What if I add photos in the next couple days say on June 15. Are they then good for another 30 days from the time of editing?

I've gotten behind, and I know I will not get around to listing the drafts I made in May for June. I'm hoping that I will not have to do them all over again. <sigh> Sure miss Turbo Lister at times like this.

Also, while on the topic - 30 days seems a bit of a short time to write up drafts, take and upload photos and then plan when and how to list them. Is there any possibility that this time period could be extended, to 60 days.

Loosing listings has been the biggest issue since discontinuing Turbo Lister. It is such a waste of time having to re-do listings. Time could be much better spent

Hi @around_again_records - there are different answers to this depending on the tool  being used.

Seller Hub will keep a draft for 45 days. There is no information on if this is from last edit or origination.

Selling Manager/Pro/Traditional Sell View pages will keep a draft for 'up to 30 days'. It is stipulated that this is from 30 days from the last time it was edited.

Because Seller Hub is built on top of Selling Manager, I imagine the 'from the last time it was edited' rule applies still. However, I cannot find any proof of that. I've requested confirmation, and if I get it I'll let you know!

When it comes to running with drafts, it can definitely be tricky to use them as a staging area for your month. Have you considered an offline tool like File Exchange? I know Turbo Lister was preferred, but there are other tools that you could look at using that may let you get things prepped without the looming stormcloud of 'what if it disappears?'

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

June 13th 2018

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining this week - I'll be on the boards today and Friday and hope to see you around!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

June 13th 2018

tyler@ebay wrote:

@vintagenorth wrote:

Hi @vintagenorth - with the new store format the logo dimensions were adjusted. You can still change or adjust it by going to Manage My Store>Display Settings>Store Logo.

The store description being missing is odd. I've sent a report to see if we can get to the bottom of this. When I hear back I'll update this thread and let you know!

Hi @vintagenorth - I heard back about the store issue you're running into. Will you please try the following steps and message me if they don't work out?

1. Go to seller hub: https://www.ebay.ca/sh/
  2. Go to marketing page from top navigation bar (https://www.ebay.ca/sh/mkt)
  3. Click “Preview new store” link (the preview content is not working at this moment. Ignore it) and click Edit. It goes to https://storefront.ebay.ca/psn/edit
  4. Please make changes and publish the new store settings.

Make sure to choose 'Publish' or your changes will stay pending and never update to your actual storefront.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 15
latest reply