Need help to open a USD account in Canada

8 weeks ago I tried to open an ebay account using USD. I was told I needed a Bank in Canada with US Dpllars. I did and sold 2 items but stlil havent’ been paid, After 2 weeks I called ebay for help. Ebay said that’s because I opened a savings account and that wasn’t allowed so I opened a checking account, didn’t work

I’ve called every few days since. These are some of the answers I got : You put in the wrong infor for you bank (I didn’t’) You can’t open a an account from Canada and receive USD payments. I was asked to send them a copy of my bank invoice and they responded,  I didn’t choose to geg paid in USD. I didn’t have the option.

Next I was told to open a new account and as soon as I listed something it would ask me to choose how I wanted to  be paid. Didn’t work.

I called ebay to please talk me through it so I could get it right, and after an hour on the phone trying different things the agent said she coudnt figure it out, She would talk to someone for help and call me in 15 minutes, That was a week ago.

Lasty I was told to open a new account and when it is asked to register to select the USD option at that point. I opened another account and all it asked me was my name address, etc, nothing else.

I need to receive USD because I ship from the US and can’t by shipping labels from the US post office using CDN $$

If there is anyone who can help or let me know who I can contact to help, please let me know

thanks

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Need help to open a USD account in Canada

marnotom!
Community Member

I was just instructed to enter my bank info.  It didn't specify what currency the account had to be in.  I probably could have entered information for a bank account in Liechtenstein for all I know.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

Life was so much easier before managed payments. I used to use a bank I had in the US but I'm not allowed to use it anymore. 

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

My understanding is that it's a loophole that allows Canadians to attach US-based bank accounts to their PayPal accounts. I don’t think it’s possible for PayPal users living in other countries to do this, but I could be wrong.

If I recall correctly, PayPal wasn’t perfect when it was first unleashed, either, and having used Billpoint prior to PayPal, I wasn’t thrilled with the idea of an upstart internet startup holding onto my funds without deposit insurance or paying me interest, and then having to pay in order to retrieve those funds.  Different strokes for different folks.

Message 23 of 23
latest reply