PAYOUTS IN CIBC ACCOUNT KEEP FAILING - please help! Managed payments are a disaster so far :(

I have 16 payouts that ebay owes me since end of May, and not ONE has been deposited in my chequings account. I am in Canada with the CIBC. I have updated and validated the same chequings account, transit and institution number over and over and over again. I have had this account for over 40 years. In the recent past, ebay has even taken money from this account. 

Ebay claims the info I gave them does not match up with the info my bank has about me, and so some agents say that my bank is blocking the deposits. Some agents have hinted at the possibility that the glitch is internal to ebay and that something is not clicking with my account. Other agents have claimed that the problem is my bank info or my bank itself. My bank says my info is correct, my account is correct (and that is accepts US funds), and that they will never ever ever block deposits. I have no way of knowing the COMPLETE bank info ebay has about me because the agents only have the last 4 digits of the account. I have never spoken to the same agent twice is a row, so I need to reexplain the situation again and again and again. I have been unable to speak to a supervisor. Two agents I spoke to said they were going to call me back in a few days, and they never did. 

This has been going on for 2 months. Not one single deposit for the entire summer. I am on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I have spoken to dozens of managed payments agents. What else can I do? WE are going NOWHERE!! 

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

PAYOUTS IN CIBC ACCOUNT KEEP FAILING - please help! Managed payments are a disaster so far :(

I also useCIBC . Up to August I was getting payouts and ebay just stop sending them . I talked to CIBC and was told there is no blockage on my account. I have talked for hours with ebay but they have no idea what is causing the issue . Bring back PAYPAL

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

@northernsurplus50 wrote:

I have talked for hours with ebay but they have no idea what is causing the issue . 

If you haven't read through this thread yet, I suggest you do so to see if the OP's issues are the same as yours.  I see that just like the OP, you're selling in US dollars.  Are you getting your payouts in US dollars or are you having them converted to Canadian dollars?

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

I set up two of my MP accounts with Simplii, which is CIBC online.

One has had no problems.

The other worked for a while, then stopped and finally I just set up that account with a different checking account at a different bank.
I would still prefer Simplii because they send me a paper accounting of transactions, which is helpful, but odd for a virtual bank.

FWIW- when I changed the account, MP promptly turned all the Held funds over.

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

I forwarded  ebay a screen shot of my bank account with all bank info but they still haven't resollved the insue ... I got a message from them this morning and they have locked my account  --------------- CIBC  headquarters told me they don't accept UDD   e transfers .

Previously, we asked you to submit information to verify your identity or other details associated with your account. However, it appears that you haven’t provided this information.
As a preventative measure, we’re committed to reducing fraud and negative buying experiences on the site. To maintain a safe marketplace, eBay may restrict selling activity, end active items, or suspend accounts until information on the account is verified.

Your selling activity has been restricted until we receive the information we need to ensure a safe trading environment for you and the eBay community. We've ended your active listings and your associated listing fees have been credited back to you. While your selling activity is restricted, your payouts may also be placed on hold.

To remove the restriction from your account, please use the link below to log in and provide the required documentation, which is also outlined in the original email you received.
-- Important --
- Be sure your submitted documents are current, valid, and legible.
- It may take up to 3 business days to review your information.

We appreciate your cooperation in resolving this matter as quickly as possible and look forward to receiving your documentation.

Thanks,

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

We finally ended up with an eBay employee , who gave his name as Michael, walking us through the process.

But one account which had been set up and working with Simplii (CIBC online) had stopped working after being fine for a month.

And another account also with Simplii has never given me a problem.

Sheesh.

We ended up switching to an entirely different checking account at a different bank.

Sheesh on a stick with sprinkles.

It may help a bit to know that once we found an-eBay acceptable account all the Held payments were promptly transferred with a polite apology for the delay.

Still... sheesh.

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

Want to tell us what that ebay acceptable account was????

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

Tangerine has worked well and there are no fees.

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

Mine won't work with Tangerine, PC, or CIBC.
Same exact issue as original poster, for 8 months.
Message 28 of 28
latest reply