Simple Cure for a Complex Managed Payment Plan Program

I like others here are having a major problem with Managed payments.  The problem is, if the system locks you in to CDN funds you can not later switch it to USD.  Ebay please allow us to hit a reset button and start again.  Ebay staff telling us that is not possilbe is a joke.  Find a way to do it, hire new technical staff to find away,  Cancelling ones Ebay account and starting all over is not the answer.  Make it happen.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Simple Cure for a Complex Managed Payment Plan Program

Good luck with that!

If its a simple fix; it's too much for eBay to handle...eBay hasn't fixed anything in recent years that is logically a simple easy fix...

if it's not broken, eBay will find everyway possible to make a useless, unnecessary "fix"...

but if it is truly broken, well that is just too much for the useless, non-trained pathetic people they call "techs".

eBay has the most useless, amatuerish non-tech "tech" staff of any online selling venue.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

I'm thinking there might be concerns that "reset buttons" could be used by those getting access to eBay accounts via phishing scams, and that could cause a few problems.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Having just gone through nearly two months trying to correct bank information on an MP account, I can only hope that the problems we are having signing in will mean fewer hijacked accounts in future.

We may have a short respite while abandoned accounts that were using PP become too difficult for scammers to take over.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I was signed up for managed payments and was receiving bank deposits . Then 3 weeks ago , some how , I'm no longer able to use money managements .  As of today , I can no longer list on ebay , yet their site states that I'm $7000 from my limit . I called and they stated they have no idea and thet'll check into it . Bring back  PayPal  .

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@marnotom! 

You are most likely correct regarding the phishing scame etc. But still, did so many eBay sellers really deserve this much grief? When you update any system there is usually a way to undo or backtrack. You step away from thebig red button until you fix things. Close enough used to only matter for horseshoes and hand grenades. 

Truthfully, we knew there would be problems with this rollout of MP. We just had to wait patiently to find things out over the course of time or watch the goings on on dot com. How much there would be when it arrived in due time on dot ca was the million dollar CAD question. We now have the answer loud and clear!!!! If not, a 50 post 2 month plus discussion on the topic by 1 user relayed it well. 

The much delayed rollout of eBay labels has been similar experience. It's been a steady stream of fixes, changes, updates & modifications from it's grand entry. 

Don't get me started with the issues connected to Item Specifics and Calculated Shipping. Over the last 6 months I and the others who I am regularly in contact have spend more time fixing all the same stuff than creating listings and shipping product. 

Stop removing features that work. Fix what has been reported needing fixing for ages. And stop tinkering!!! Please!!!!

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 6 of 6
latest reply