1 Case away from blocking US buyers thanks to ebay new stupid system ..

I wish someone who knew what they were doing was behind ebays changes because this one was just stupid .. Over $100 in disputes in the last 2 weeks ...

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

I wish someone who knew what they were doing was behind ebays changes because this one was just stupid .. Over $100 in disputes in the last 2 weeks ...

Hi brandeentertainment,

Did you want to drop me a note with details to see if we can help out?

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Kalvin

Same with the immediate payment required and buyers are getting PO'd Combined does not work and cart is a pain for them. This is absolutely ridiculous for both buyers and sellers

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

This immediate payment or someone else can buy it is the dumbest thing ever!

I manually combine shipping after the buyer is finished making purchases...I have no interest in setting up combining rules...a big pain.

Also requiring scanned images of single stamps to be over 500 pixels is silly too. 

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

This immediate payment or someone else can buy it is the dumbest thing ever!

This is one of those changes that sounded so incomprehensible and illogical that I decided not to worry about it till the smoke clears.

As with most of eBay's changes, it must be aimed at somehow streamlining operations for the large corporate sellers. In this case though - the concept is so counter-intuitive that it's hard to even imagine what the purpose is.

My belief is that 99.9 per cent of sellers - small or large - would prefer to have a confirmed sale and take their chances that buyers will (or can be convinced to) follow through - than have a sale "in theory" that buyers are encouraged to rethink, back out from or reneg on after the supposed commitment has already been made.

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

THanks Kalvin but unless your going to get ebay to change the layout of everything...

Buyers are being promted to file a case instead of contacting sellers..

I was told all the buyers have to do is click other then they will be able to message instead of filing a case buttttttttttttttttttttttttttt 4 out of 4 buyers did not even see the OTHER option and were just confused with everything and they were also upset because they didn`t want to file cases they just wanted to ask me a question..

So far I have manage to get 2 closed in my favor by the buyers ,,1 pending and 1 I took the loss for ...

My point is ebay needs to make it clearer and not prompt buyers to file cases ... I can`t imagine with all these new rules how much business ebay is going to lose ..

This site is 100% the most complicated site I have ever sold on and with the rules changing so much my god I could not imagine becoming a sellers on ebay in 2013 poor people ...

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

The same is happening to me as well, 

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

I'm having this problem too. A package en route to Germany is taking its usual time, but the buyer has opened a case against me. I responded immediately and h being entirely friendly and says he is not concerned because he knows its normal to take longer but "just wanted to let me know"!!! He doesn't seem to understand that he should have just sent me a message instead of opening a case. I don't know now if I need to refund him before the 7 day deadline and then hopefully recollect when he received package or what. Very frustrating. 

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

He doesn't seem to understand that he should have just sent me a message instead of opening a case.

He may not have known that he was opening a case. If he chose "I haven't received my item yet" as a topic when asking a question, a case is automatically opened.

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

It apparently opens a case when anything but other is chosen., Correct me if I am wrong.

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

It apparently opens a case when anything but other is chosen., Correct me if I am wrong.

I don't know for sure. I do know that I've heard that too but when I go to ask a question of a seller that I already purchased from, there are a number of choices that come up and some of them lead back to the answers that you would see if you hadn't purchased yet...example..Details about item. If I then click on the choice that I still don't have an answer to the question, it directs me to ask the seller a question. I don't know for sure but I can't see it opening a case in a situation like that.

If I click on the  purchase on my ebay page and then on resolve a problem...there are different choices that come up:

I didn't receive my item

I received an item that wasn't as described

I want to cancel a purchase

I want to return this item

Note that there is no "other" choice. My 'guess' is that the first two would open a case...I'm not sure about the second two choices and I don't want to experiment just in case I open a case by mistake. 🙂

Perhaps when people say that the only other choice is other they are contacting the seller in a different way than what I've described??

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

Note that there is no "other" choice. My 'guess' is that the first two would open a case...I'm not sure about the second two choices and I don't want to experiment just in case I open a case by mistake.

I could confirm the 3rd question, I want to cancel this purchase, doesn't open a case.

I don't have experienced with the 4th one though.

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

The other choice is right at the bottom when you click on the contact seller

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

And of course, after your purchase is completed. I use it all the time without opening a case.

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

The other choice is right at the bottom when you click on the contact seller

You're right, but you suggested that 'other' was the only choice to use and not open a case so that would mean that all of the 8 other choices would open a case? My guess (and it is just a guess) is that only the first 2 ...I haven't received my item yet & Item is not as described.... open a case.

I would be surprised if headings such as Request to change an order....Combined Shipping...Details about item....etc....will open a case. But as I said..I don't know for sure.

Message 15 of 26
latest reply

Try to get a direct answer from Ebay. I prefer the safe way to not PO good sellers, so I pick other and it works just fine for everything but opening a case.

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

I guess I'm not the only one.  It's like buyers are using it to just talk to sellers.  We've had more cases in the last couple of weeks then we've had in total for our entire time on Ebay.  Brilliant.

signature
Message 17 of 26
latest reply

I'm going to try to remember to bring this up with the "Pinks" next Wed. and see if it's possible to get some clear information.  Personally, I also want to know if it's possible to completely opt out of the "automated Q&A" stream entirely -- I would really just like to go back to allowing buyers to get in touch with me without all the garbage in between. 

I also was not impressed by the rather sneaky way eBay just quietly moved the seller contact link WAY DOWN to the very bottom of a listing, making it far more difficult for buyers to access.  I don't recall any announcement about this rather critical change -- buyers were just left to hunt around for the link. 

In their efforts to create a comfortable venue for mega-name sellers by effectively removing the ability for a buyer to simply and easily contact a seller directly, first time, every time, IMO eBay has created a mega-mess for everyone else. 

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

In their efforts to create a comfortable venue for mega-name sellers by effectively removing the ability for a buyer to simply and easily contact a seller directly

Buyers can contact you via the Item Page and your Feedback Page. How much easier can it get? The ask a question link was moved about 5 years ago, probably hard to find a buyer who would even remember where it was back then.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 19 of 26
latest reply

The ask a question link was moved about 5 years ago, probably hard to find a buyer who would even remember where it was back then.

It was moved long ago on .com but just recently changed on .ca.

Message 20 of 26
latest reply