1 Case away from blocking US buyers thanks to ebay new stupid system ..

I wish someone who knew what they were doing was behind ebays changes because this one was just stupid .. Over $100 in disputes in the last 2 weeks ...

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: 1 Case away from blocking US buyers thanks to ebay new stupid system ..

That is exactly right. The buyer and I have been in communication since and he said he did not mean to open a case, but it just happened because he mistakenly clicked the "I have not received my item" button and a case automatically opened. He is a VERY experienced buyer with over 900 feedback, so if it can happen to him, it can happen to anyone. eBay need to address this issue. 

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

eBay need to address this issue.

They did....cases don't mean anything, they are no longer counted against Seller performance.

It was moved long ago on .com but just recently changed on .ca.

So it's old news for 90% of the customers of the average Canadian Seller. I'd guess that even most of my Canadian buyers are shopping on .com

At least now that .ca has finally been updated we can have full size images with a functioning Zoom/Enlarge plus the actual useful search options of Active/Sold/Completed.

I remember when the ASQ link was moved on .com, there was the usual outcry for about 2 days and then it was instantly forgotten. Guess what....turned out buyers had no problem finding a way to ask a question.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 22 of 26
latest reply

Speaking from the perspective of a buyer, I've found it much more difficult recently (about the past 6 months) to contact a seller directly and easily when looking at a particular item. And I do mostly shop on eBay.com. 

I swear there used to be a simple blue link on .com that said "Contact Seller" or similar words on the top right, in full view, and not all that long ago.  That link now seems to be gone.  It used to be grouped with "See Seller's Other Items".  Yesterday I needed to ask a US seller about shipping charges and some other details in advance of purchasing.  I had to go through 3 screens before I got to a spot where I could actually enter my question.  This did not happen a few months ago.  And there is no use having a seller contact link on the FB page if you haven't yet purchased the item. 

My view: if eBay really intended for buyers and sellers to communicate quickly, easily and directly, they'd have placed a nice big link or button in bright fluorescent yellow at the top of each listing.  They want to limit the direct contact, and are moving in that direction through more than this one change. 

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

I swear there used to be a simple blue link on .com that said "Contact Seller" or similar words on the top right

And now there is a clear link at the bottom that says "Ask A Question".

If that's not acceptable then put your own Contact Seller link in your description area.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 24 of 26
latest reply

Being a new seller it scared the hell out of me when it happened to me the other day. Buyer wanted to know how long delivery took and then the next day I get another one from another buyer asking the same thing. I didn't understand why it happened and my concern was that i would lose my account if i got a bunch of those.

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

hockey_card_corner
Community Member

Had the same thing happen to me awhile ago.. I chalked it up as in impatient buyer, dispute was opened roughly 7 days after I shipped it!! Buyers need to have more patience, or pay for an xpress service if they want items in 3-5 days..Paying $2.50 for S&H and requesting a tracking number etc.. I mean come on!! 

eBay also needs to change the DSR of "Shipping Time" to Handling Time. I'm tired of being rated on how slow Canada Post & USPS are, or because I'm in a remote area & it takes 1-2 days longer to get out of here.. Having that said, I ship everything out in 48 hours or less..99.9% of the time it's same day or next available business day if it we''re being judged on handling time  I would expect to get 5/5 on every transaction.. Only way to ship quicker is if I slept & worked at the post office. lol.. 

Just too many stupid rule changes & little tweaks to the system that could make it that much better, but as always eBay ignores the seller & thinks it's hunky dory to strip good honest sellers of their achievements and discounts.. 

I think all Buyers should give selling a try & see how much work goes into selling a 99 cent item, maybe then instead of clicking 2 outta 5 stars because they're having a bad day they'll actually give a fair rating based on service..Having that said, I believe some American buyers have been the harshest on my DSR's so maybe I'll give the title of this thread a try & BLOCK them.. 

Message 26 of 26
latest reply