$1 FVF promo for this weekend (Sept 8-9)

By invite only -- check your promo section on ebay.CA or your emails

Benefit: If the qualified item sells, only a $1 FVF on item value and $1 FVF on shipping (if you do not have free Canadian shipping).

First 5 listings made after you activate the offer have the benefit if the listing sells. So get your high value listing ducks in order before activating.

Listings must be on www.ebay.ca or www.cafr.ebay.ca

Certain categories are excluded. Read the fine print at https://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2018/0908/selling_weekend.html

-..-

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Thanks!  I was invited and probably wouldn’t have checked if you hadn’t mentioned it.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Thanks. Now if only we could get the associated email in a timely manner, during the time period while they are still active?  Ahhh, to dream!!

-CM

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

I got 2 emails regarding this promotion: 1 on Wednesday announcing that the promo was coming this weekend and another email this morning.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

No email to date and nothing in spam or eBay mail. An extremely short window for this offer. Someone should have to sign off on the math!!  upside_down

Start:Sep 8, 2018 at 11:36am PDT
End:Sep 9, 2018 at 8:59pm PDT

-CM
Message 5 of 21
latest reply

I got the Wednesday email too but simply forgot to post here 😃
Message 6 of 21
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

.... An extremely short window for this offer.

A two day promo to list 5 items.

And then 30 days (if you use 30 day BIN) to sell them and save on FVF.

-..-

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

1 Day 9 Hours 23 Minutes. Unfortunately just saw your original post earlier today and have not, to date received an email from eBay.

-CM

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

I don't believe you need an email invite, it should be in your selling screen, as it is advertised on the ebay main home page, this one is for everybody, who activates it..

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

1 Day 9 Hours 23 Minutes. Unfortunately just saw your original post earlier today and have not, to date received an email from eBay.

The start time is variable -- it goes by when you get around to activating the offer.

Two emails for me to my regular email account (none via ebay messages) and shows in the promo section of my ebay overview. https://www.ebay.ca/mys/overview

-..-

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

I clicked your link without thinking I'd actually be accepted into the promo because I hadn't been invited and therefore activated five random listings, hahah. 

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

is this my ebay overview something new, i have never seen that screen shot before..

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Interesting, I've never seen it until now either but then again I never use My Ebay, only the Hub.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Good news. That offer email arrived at 7:28 AM this morning. At least before it expired. 

Title of the email: Sunday is our favourite day of the week

On opening it up it appears to be an ad for me to purchase on eBay and less about an actual offer. (Offer was almost at the end of the email). To me, that seems to be a very poorly structured email.  Would be much more helpful if it arrived PRIOR to the offer actually beginning. I guess I need to make it habit to check that Overview page on a regular basis. Emails I DO check on a regular basis. Shouldn't eBay in reality operate in real pro-active time with all emails they are sending?

-CM

PS. Thanks for the clarification regarding the activation of the offer. 

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it worth it?

Message 15 of 21
latest reply

Beautiful. Sold a $200 lot of books and only need to pay $1.05 FVF. Gonna treat myself a really nice lunch tomorrow. This is also my biggest sale this entire year heart_eyes

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

Lovely! Enjoy.

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

To clarify, when you see your fees, is there 1.00 +.05 GST FVF for the item sold AND 1.00 + .05 GST for shipping?(Alberta) That's how the fees are displaying in my account for 1 item sold.

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

Nevermind. Found the answer after reading the fine print.

Final value fees will still be applied to the total amount of the sale including the cost of the item, shipping, and any other fees a seller may charge—excluding any sales tax. However, the final value fee will be $1 per item sold (excluding taxes and shipping).

-CM

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

Yes, it's excluding shipping. I do "free" shipping for Canada and USA so I'm only charged $1.05 ($1 + 5 cents GST). If this was sold to an international buyer then I probably would be charged $1.05 +  FVF on the shipping. 

Message 20 of 21
latest reply