2nd Shipping Service and International Shipping options aren't being saved

Over the past 3 weeks, I've noticed that all of my listings since then, aren't saving the 2nd Shipping Service as well as the (3rd and 4th) International Shipping options.  To be clear, I've only noticed this when I went to revise one of my listings.  Also, this hasn't affected older listings.

I went to eBay.ca chat, and after 2 chat attempts, they told me that they've noticed that other sellers were having this (or a similar) problem.  They never got back to me, so I contacted eBay on Facebook (far more useful btw).  They've looked into it, and say that it's a unique problem that no one else is having.

Over the past week (roughly), they said that their tech support would be looking into it.  I'm in daily contact with them (on Facebook), and still nothing back.  Is anyone else having this problem?

Also, I had two other issues over that same period of time.  1) Whenever I went to the "Sell" tab to list a new item, it brought me to a "My Promotions" page.  2) I sold an item earlier in the week, and for whatever reason, it was relisted; even though the item had already been paid for/delivered.  The first issue has been corrected, and I still have zero idea what happened with the relisted item that had already sold.

Is anyone having similar problems to the ones that I've just described?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 2nd Shipping Service and International Shipping options aren't being saved

An update on where we're at.

I had three problems, and they've all been "corrected".

a) The shipping services weren't being saved, and now they are.

b) The "sell" tab is no longer redirecting me to "My Promotions" page.

c) An item that had already been sold and delivered, was mysteriously relisted.  Who knows what that was about.

All these problems were fixed (or went away), but at no time had eBay reached out to me.  I kept contacting them via eBay on Facebook.  I never got a satisfactory reason as to what happened for any of the 3 problems; meaning why these things were happening in the first place and how they were fixed.  

There's a massive disconnect between eBay, and all of your branches.  I also feel like you're moving the goal posts when it comes to your reasoning for payouts; delays and the amount that you actually payout.  For the amount that you're charging in fees, there shouldn't be any problems.  eBay's online chat (Canada) for help, is absolutely useless, takes up way too much time to resolve the smallest problems, and there are all of those convenient disconnects.  What they'll say there, vs what they say on Facebook, are two completely different things.  I can go on and on; I really could.

I'm still getting problems (payouts/shipping costs), I'll still have to contact eBay daily, and you'll still be asking me each time if you guys did an outstanding job, and please take the time to fill out the form.  And I DO, and I generally give (overrated) reviews, JUST so I don't get lousy service, or get my items buried in the search engine.  I think eBay should also be paying me a fee for doing way too much homework.

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

@johnsteed75robert wrote:

Over the past 3 weeks, I've noticed that all of my listings since then, aren't saving the 2nd Shipping Service as well as the (3rd and 4th) International Shipping options.  To be clear, I've only noticed this when I went to revise one of my listings.  Also, this hasn't affected older listings.

I went to eBay.ca chat, and after 2 chat attempts, they told me that they've noticed that other sellers were having this (or a similar) problem.  They never got back to me, so I contacted eBay on Facebook (far more useful btw).  They've looked into it, and say that it's a unique problem that no one else is having.

Over the past week (roughly), they said that their tech support would be looking into it.  I'm in daily contact with them (on Facebook), and still nothing back.  Is anyone else having this problem?

Also, I had two other issues over that same period of time.  1) Whenever I went to the "Sell" tab to list a new item, it brought me to a "My Promotions" page.  2) I sold an item earlier in the week, and for whatever reason, it was relisted; even though the item had already been paid for/delivered.  The first issue has been corrected, and I still have zero idea what happened with the relisted item that had already sold.

devon@ebay 

@johnsteed75robert 

Could you please address how situations like this and similar are currently being handled? Sellers and buyers are contacting CS and in this forum on a regular basis and just either getting a yes after some pushing that it may really be a problem with the "we'll look into it" followed by crickets....then it continueing to be a problem. Beyond being an inconvenience for many there is no accountability for these issues. Many of us still remember how poorly the "We lost all your photos and incorrect calculator EBAY issues were handled with the promise of doing better in the future.) These situations are made worse when  they have a cost attached with nothing in the way to compensate for any expense and time.

-Lotz

PS. eBay also needs to recognize not everyone uses Facebook or Twitter.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I have been using a lot of "sell similar" and most times shipping is just blank so I need to manually input it all.
This is on .com.
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

@byto253 wrote:
I have been using a lot of "sell similar" and most times shipping is just blank so I need to manually input it all.
This is on .com.

When I can get away with using the old form everything works fine. Creating a listing is effortless. The new form is very klunky for many PC users. As other have mentioned with the new form information gets dropped routinely. Can happen in a blink of an eye. Have seen this reported on the dot com board  also as of late. You have to proof extremely diligently to confirm nothing incorrect was attached. The biggy for me is the layout for shipping services. I vary mine depending on the listing. I've gone in after the fact and had to correct when I KNEW what buyers were seeing was what I would never add. This all carries on to sellers being opted in to listing upgrades without them noticing and then seeing charges after the fact. Whoever originally coined the eBay term automagically deserves a Nobel Prize.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@byto253 

If you happen to have excluded countries, double check that, mine from sell similar has not been working correctly for a while now. Fortunately it is quick and easy to zap them all at once, but I have to do this every time after I list new auction or BIN items.....

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Same here. It is hit and miss.
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I detest the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad new form with a deep abiding passion.

I used to be able to Block my four no go countries from the Asia button, but notice that Russia is now listed as Europe. Pfft. Most of the country is in Asia. So now that single step is two steps.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

I detest the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad new form with a deep abiding passion.

I used to be able to Block my four no go countries from the Asia button, but notice that Russia is now listed as Europe. Pfft. Most of the country is in Asia. So now that single step is two steps.

I inadvertedly added Russian Federation to a listing many moons ago. I have it on my block lists. Yet it comes up every time I create a listing. I can find no way to remove without manually doing to every listing. Same goes for Germany and France. The eBay listing form has a very selective memory as to what it does or doesn't choose to remember. I asked eBay about it on a few occasions and they don't know a way either.

-Lotz

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

I got tripped up on .com where Canada is added as an international destination.  The default in the new form is to have worldwide, so you better remember to click, click and click a 3rd time to specify Canada.  

And then when you do specify Canada only, the "Additional locations(optional)" box that was empty automatically populates it with "Worldwide" so you listing shows shipping worldwide, but they have to contact you for a rate.    I didn't catch that until a dozen listings were done. 

I like to use sell similar from other listings as it populated the item specifics, but a template would set up the shipping and leave the specifics to be imputted.  I may just go that route and see if that is quicker. 

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@johnsteed75robert wrote:

devon@ebay 

@johnsteed75robert 

Could you please address how situations like this and similar are currently being handled? Sellers and buyers are contacting CS and in this forum on a regular basis and just either getting a yes after some pushing that it may really be a problem with the "we'll look into it" followed by crickets....then it continueing to be a problem. Beyond being an inconvenience for many there is no accountability for these issues. Many of us still remember how poorly the "We lost all your photos and incorrect calculator EBAY issues were handled with the promise of doing better in the future.) These situations are made worse when  they have a cost attached with nothing in the way to compensate for any expense and time.

-Lotz

PS. eBay also needs to recognize not everyone uses Facebook or Twitter.

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! Let me reach out to the correct team on this and once I hear a response from them I wll be sure to come back and update you on this. 

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

The new form is absolutely garbage and I gave up listing new items after listing two, percisely because of problems listed in this thread. I used to have Germany (the new shipping package fee thing) and Russia etc blocked and now they are showing up again and I have to manually unselect them again. And Canada is included with the worldwide countries it's just... omg, using the new listing tool is bad for my blood pressure. Before the new listing tool, I used to just do "sell similar" and change the description/photos/price and be done. Now... I honestly don't even know why I should bother with eBay. 

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@zee-chan There's a fast way to fix the problem with excluded countries, just let them list with the problems , after you're done listing the new items just go to your:

account settings\shipping preferences\exclude shipping locations\international\edit

and then just cick the "also apply to all listings" and "SAVE". You don't have to actually change anything but clicking the also apply to all listings re-applies it to ALL your listings including the ones you just listed.

I've just adopted the hopefully temporary step of doing this after I sell similar everything, it is quick the hard part is remembering to do it...

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

@zee-chan There's a fast way to fix the problem with excluded countries, just let them list with the problems , after you're done listing the new items just go to your:

account settings\shipping preferences\exclude shipping locations\international\edit

and then just cick the "also apply to all listings" and "SAVE". You don't have to actually change anything but clicking the also apply to all listings re-applies it to ALL your listings including the ones you just listed.

I've just adopted the hopefully temporary step of doing this after I sell similar everything, it is quick the hard part is remembering to do it...

@ricarmic 

That was the suggestion I was given from eBay CS years ago for Russian Federation. And I have confirmed multiple times since. Russian Federation is still on my do not ship list. With each new listing I still need to uncheck if I ship internationally. Now, same is happening for Germany and France.

-Lotz

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies Well yes, that's because Russia, France and Germany are/or can be eBay general blocked countries, that will over-ride ours.

If you do the steps I suggest it refreshes the ones in our excluded list, but that doesn't over-ride the eBay ones. 

I don't notice because I have the same countries as eBay in my list, but if one doesn't have the "pollution paperwork" in place for Germany and France they're automagically blocked until one does. Russia is a special block in and of itself given the current "war" situation that was put in place by eBay months ago.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

An update on where we're at.

I had three problems, and they've all been "corrected".

a) The shipping services weren't being saved, and now they are.

b) The "sell" tab is no longer redirecting me to "My Promotions" page.

c) An item that had already been sold and delivered, was mysteriously relisted.  Who knows what that was about.

All these problems were fixed (or went away), but at no time had eBay reached out to me.  I kept contacting them via eBay on Facebook.  I never got a satisfactory reason as to what happened for any of the 3 problems; meaning why these things were happening in the first place and how they were fixed.  

There's a massive disconnect between eBay, and all of your branches.  I also feel like you're moving the goal posts when it comes to your reasoning for payouts; delays and the amount that you actually payout.  For the amount that you're charging in fees, there shouldn't be any problems.  eBay's online chat (Canada) for help, is absolutely useless, takes up way too much time to resolve the smallest problems, and there are all of those convenient disconnects.  What they'll say there, vs what they say on Facebook, are two completely different things.  I can go on and on; I really could.

I'm still getting problems (payouts/shipping costs), I'll still have to contact eBay daily, and you'll still be asking me each time if you guys did an outstanding job, and please take the time to fill out the form.  And I DO, and I generally give (overrated) reviews, JUST so I don't get lousy service, or get my items buried in the search engine.  I think eBay should also be paying me a fee for doing way too much homework.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply