4-5 users have had major issues trying to checkout a purchase with me-help!

Have had 4-5 U.S. users message me in the past 2 days letting me know that they were unable to complete transactions with me. They contacted both eBay and PayPal and both had no idea why this is happening.

Last user just sent me this message:

Yea. Its something with the settings on this item. I just went and purchased something else to make sure. Everything worked just fine. I am not sure what the problem is.

Can anyone advise me on what I am missing here? Have been selling for 11 years with zero issues-top seller status and have no idea why this is happening?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @flipwedge57 - if you can send me a private message with the buyer's user id I'm happy to take a look to see if I can figure this out. Thanks!

At a high level - the most common reasons I see for payment issues are buyers not inputting all the information necessary (CVV codes are particularly tricky for some). The other I see often (that is probably less likely for you) is a PayPal setting that prevents receiving international currencies. That would need to be resolved directly with PayPal. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I'm having the same problem. Someone bought an item a couple days ago, requested an invoice yesterday. I replied back & said I already sent an invoice & told them they don't need it anyways they can just pay through the listing. This morning they asked for an invoice again & said it says I don't ship to Ontario. That didn't make sense to me so I assumed they just don't want to pay.
But I just had another sale, sent an invoice & then a few mins later got a message asking if I can ship to Canada.
Wth is going on???
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Do you have a PO Box in your address on file with PayPal?

Ian

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I don't. And (for me) the issue only seems to be affecting Canadian buyers. US & International sales are going through fine
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@gothamgeneralstore 

I looked at a high value and a low value product and both showed  shipping to ON and BC just fine.

(BTW-- is there a reason you are charging $15 to ship a $4 comic book from SK to ON?  The Stan Lee figure I understand, but the comic could easily travel LetterPost for between $2 and $4 including a stiffener)

You are in a high fraud category and it might be worthwhile, in addition to other possibilities, to look at the complaining customers' Feedback Left For Others.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

That's what it costs to send something with tracking.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Also not sure what feedback has to do with this. I feel like you are totally misunderstanding what the problem
Message 8 of 8
latest reply