Adding to (small packed) they option of, its they buyer responsible if its lost

For the love of everything that good. Please oooo Please, why is this option do not exist. Adding to no tracking packaging (small packed) they option of, if lost i dont pay back. Why i have to pays for loss packing.  

Can i add in my text, that if he take small packed without tracking, i am not responsible for any lost?

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Adding to (small packed) they option of, its they buyer responsible if its lost

What is your 'gut' telling you?
Same as mine is telling me.
You already know what to do.
Message 21 of 31
latest reply

Re: Adding to (small packed) they option of, its they buyer responsible if its lost

So i check canada post and shippo for alternative ways to be able to keep small shipping because of is reasonable price.

In shippo, you will have they option to add insurance to your small packed.  They only one way for this to work, is if you go directly to the post office. That where you receive a bill. That you proof of statement that they have they item.

If you are like me, they are schedule to past at the office at 2pm to pickup all they items.  If you do this, there no bill so no proof of receiving the product (bull**bleep**). If you have a solution for this please let me know. i did call 2 times they post office, but i was bluntly repeded that it's not possible without tracking. haaaa. no small parcel for me then. pffff

You also have Signature Confirmation. oooooo, no you dont, it not for small parcel.

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

If you are at the post office at 4, you can still get a stamp or receipt showing that the item was mailed. It won't go out until the next day but you then have proof of shipping.  If the buyer claims that the item was not received, you can put in a claim with the insurance company. 

I don't know how many problems you have had with loss. If many of those problems are for overseas packages, I suggest that you eliminate the surface shipping.  It is just too slow for most ebay buyers. 

Off topic...

I only checked a few of your spark plug listings but  you are using flat rate shipping for the US and overseas but there doesn't seem to be a shipping cost set up for more than one item.  Do you have a price set up for a second item?  Do you have combined shipping enabled in your site preferences / shipping preferences for a flat rate?   I know zero about spark plugs but you are charging about $12 to the US for one spark plug which would be the over 250 gr rate. Could 1 be shipped for under or over 100 gr with the $7 or $9 rate?  I noticed something similar with the overseas rate...$20 to the UK for air when I'm 'guessing' that it could go for $10 or $11 by air.   Obviously it is up to you what you charge...just an observation who knows nothing about what you sell.

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

I've also found that communication can play a big key in minimizing inr claims.  I always send a message once an item has been sent out thanking the buyer and letting them know  that it is on the way and giving them a realistic estimated time of arrival.

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

@alary_sport wrote:

If you are like me, they are schedule to past at the office at 2pm to pickup all they items.  If you do this, there no bill so no proof of receiving the product (bull**bleep**). If you have a solution for this please let me know. i did call 2 times they post office, but i was bluntly repeded that it's not possible without tracking. haaaa. no small parcel for me then. pffff

You have the post office pickup your parcels from your office.  Those parcels that are picked up do not get scanned unless it is for a tracked service.  No way around that.

Small PACKET (not parcel) does not have Signature Confirmation or post office insurance. Shippo insurance that can be added for small packet does require you to take it to either a post office or a retail outlet (like Shoppers and other stores that deal with the post office) to get a scan for proof that it has been mailed.

You have your choice of easy (picked up) or cheap (visiting an outlet for a scan).

-..-

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

@heartovermind

and twice to the same person? next to nil. just my guess tho.

I tend to agree unless the poor soul is in an area where porch thieves  are active.

The seller should not be penalized for that.

Solution:  Mark the parcel DO NOT SAFE DROP/HOLD FOR PICKUP.

The first is Canada Post's wording, the second USPS.

With either, the package will not be left unattended. It won't be signed for either, but it's emotionally harder for a scammer to claim non-delivery when he had to face a clerk to get the handover.

Most people are honest.

Some people are opportunists.

A very few people are crooked.

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

Most of my items are having a facelift, right now. Text, title, shipping, image and price. I am adding small packing in all the one i can...now thinking it's not that good a move ^_^ And for combine shipping, It was deactivated without my notice, i will fix that.thanks
Message 27 of 31
latest reply

Yes same here, very useful to tell them when its ground shipping it take 30 days to just go over the pacific ocean.
What i also do, is leave a card of the company, a feedback card, a ebay thank you card and is bill in the box. When i do this,i get more feedback and less return.
Message 28 of 31
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree that we should see how many "cancelled orders" as we have been getting too of them the last 6 month.  Last week, one guy in UK claimed it was his 5-year-old girl mistakenly hit the buy it now button (as if!!).  She was able to have access to his eBay account with password, then look at auctions, then hit the button, then sign in to pay for it??  Really!!

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

If the user had enabled always-signed-into- PayPal that is entirely possible.

I’m currently staring at an Unpaid Item case that was almost certainly bought by a child who not only used Buy It Now but managed to send me a message of random letters and numbers.

It happens regularly in my world.

I usually report those buyers for not securing their accounts. It’s almost like a hack. Except the hacker is known to them and under the age of 12.
Message 30 of 31
latest reply

It’s people on iPhones.

Signed into the app.

Give phone to kid. Kid plays. Accidentally opens eBay app.

Looks at pics. Even if a child cannot read, they already know hitting the blue button takes them to a new screen. Button button button and Dad is the proud new owner of 18 pair of leather chaps in all colours of the rainbow.

It happens.

That’s not to say the parent isn’t to be held accountable.
Message 31 of 31
latest reply