Am I being scammed by a buyer?

Buyer purchased  a working mainboard. Sent me this pic telling me the board was bad. I even called westinghouse (and they responded). There is no way this is remotely possible. Buyer sent me this pic.  Is this photoshopped? Any other tv person out there know of a way to get dual screens off one board and one tcon??? Am I being scammed? See how the loading ring is different from left to right? It appears as if there are two processors... or photoshop?fraud.jpgattachment.jpg

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Am I being scammed by a buyer?

It looks digitally altered to me.  There is some rough anti aliasing on the right side that doesn't appear anywhere else in the photo.  I assume they only sent you the one picture correct?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I regret you are unhappy with your purchase. Please return it for a refund.

If it's good enough to keep, it's good enough to pay for.

Even if you have a No Returns policy, you cannot have a No Refunds policy.

But you can demand Return before Refund even if you have a No Returns policy.

Call his bluff.

If he is honest, he will return it. You may have to pay for the return.

If he is not, he will not return it and you will not have to refund.

Note. If you refuse the return, you still would be refunding and if you don't refund voluntarily, eBay will and come after you for the money.

Rinse. Repeat.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

In this case they were sold a replacement part.  If you ask for a return, you will likely get the broken part back.

I would ask them to record a video so you can see the image from a few different angles.   It would determine if the image is faked.  It also might be enough to make them give up.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply