Announcing a new way for sellers to save?!?

http://ht.ly/2zBOfH

Changing the way they do promos? Someone more intelligent than me please explain this one.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Announcing a new way for sellers to save?!?

It is explained here

http://pages.ebay.com/promo/2013/0901/ActivateOffer.html

Basically you get a promo as before but need to activate using the promo email or eBay message it to have it apply.

Now in the past, sellers were invited but never received an email or an eBay message.  It this happens with the new system needing activation, some sellers will never be able to activate.

When I qualify for a promo in the past, 50% of the time I got no email or eBay message. I would simply list an item and see if I qualified. Other times, the invite showed up several hours late or even the day after the promo started.

Not good to have to activate the promo in my opinion.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

TO me it just looks like someone had some time so they devised a way to make things a bit more complex. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

THAT makes more sense.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Here's where it makes some sense.......

I was away in August and didn't use my 150 listing included with my store, I planned to use them on the 31st the day after getting back home. I get home and see they have handed me 500 freebies starting on the 28th. I would need to use the 500 before I can get the 150 I actually pad for, couldn't get that many up on ther 31st so the 150 from August slipped away.

Other sellers do a mix of Fixed Price and Auctions, if a promo is valid for either it's better to use it for the Auction rather than the Fixed price listings as the normal fee is higher.

I'll make a prediction (that will probably be wrong), we will see more smaller number promo's rather than the crazy here's 50,000 ones of the past and there may be more than bridge the change of month because in the past the promo's have rarely done that, usually concentrated in the middle two weeks of the month.

Those who see this as some conspiracy are probably the same who dis the promo's and don't work them for what they are.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I understand the usefulness of activating the promo when a seller wants to.

But requiring an email or eBay message invitation to activate may be a problem since in the past I (and other sellers here in these forums) have not received the email or message late or not at all.

I find out about promos from these forums long before I receive an email or eBay message which may never arrive.

To rely on email or eBay message to activate will have a lot of issues from my past experience in receiving (or rather not receiving) email or eBay message notifications.

Hopefully, they will send out the email or eBay messages earlier to allow the email or eBay message to be received on time for the start of the promo. As for not receiving the email, I would never know if I was invited or not since email/eBay message may not be received.

I will have to wait and see how well this works.

PS I do have my eBay preferences set to receive promos.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply