Another Auction special on .ca

No email but showed on my selling manager summary.

http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2017/500auction.html

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

It's my opinion that eBay is holding on to auctions as a way of differentiating themselves from all the other general merchandise sites online.

And it is quite noticeable, that most Auctions seem, to my eye, to be run by new or occasional sellers, while experienced sellers and larger businesses use Fixed Price listings.

Experienced auctioneers do exist, and a lot of them use the Buy It Now option to get their price quickly.

Fast nickel over slow dime.

Or maybe fast nickel over slow penny or no bids at all.

catering to cell phone use

Well that's a  21st century preference.

When my 80 y.o. sister carries her iPad everywhere and the babies at the funeral I attended today were pacified with an iPhone game and cheerios, the mobile has become a necessity.

And we Boomers are no longer the biggest demographic, those darn millennials are.

And there are now more people who were born since 1990 in Canada than were born between 1946 and 1964.

So there is eBay's  customer base.

If they are impulse buyers, cater to them.

Fixed Price, not Auction.

One click payment.

One day Handling.

The customer may not always be right, but she 's got the money and we want it.

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

As long as those babies are not the ones buying toys that go to Unpaid Item cases, that's fine with me.
Message 22 of 28
latest reply

I don't know my great -grand-nephews are pretty bright. Every one is above average.

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

My dad is in his sixties and absolutely refused to learn how to use the computer (he only knows how to browse newspaper and send/reply emails... NOT forward emails) let alone getting him to learn the smartphones...

My mom (in her fifties) on the other hand, gets very annoyed by how dad would bug her for every little computer issues. My mom spends her day playing candy crush on her smart phone lol.

I roll my eyes at my dad along my mom.

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

The most basic skill for using computers is typing.

And many men never learned that skill.

When I was in high school (1959-1964), it was very difficult for a boy to enter the Commercial stream, which taught office skills like typing, shorthand and Business English.

A friend was contracted in the 1990s to teach computer skills to public service managers. His boss warned him never nevvreto use the term 'typing'. It was always to be 'keyboarding' or 'keyboard entry'.

He taught a few courses successfully and then one day a woman executive stood up and said, "this is typing and I do not type" before marching out of the room.

Followed by most of the men.

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

Ebay can take its bs auction promo and shuv it you know where. I haven't received any Buy it now promos on any of my accounts for nearly a year. Now they wanna give us useless auction promos, not even send us an email to notify us so we come across it days into the sale, and they add "buy it now" so we can accidentally relist when the sale is over & get ripped off. And they think they're clever...
Message 26 of 28
latest reply

The sad part is, before my dad retired he had a computer at his office, even before we bought our family computer...

One of my first jobs when I was still in university was an office clerk, with "keyboarding" as part of my job, and I type the fastest amongst everybody there thanks to instant messaging lol.

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

I do not have an eBay store - I like to list items on eBay at my preference. Although I do prefer fixed price format for most of my items, ANY kind of free listing promo is useful for me. I also don't absolutely have to have an email sent to me to notify me of a promo as I habitually check "My eBay" for such notifications.

Message 28 of 28
latest reply