Another invitation only promotion. Same people get invited every time. WHY ??????

Why is Ebay inviting the same people all the time to their promotions???

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Another invitation only promotion. Same people get invited every time. WHY ??????

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Sorry for the blank post. I was having trouble with my iPad and posted a blank post above.

From the posts I have read here in these eBay.ca Canada and eBay.com USA forums, no one is getting 100% of the promos anymore. At best maybe 25% or less compared to last year.

eBay most likely determined that having so many free promos did not give them the return they expected when they were regularly given.  Most likely the lost insertion fees versus the low sell through rate was not good. Many sellers just waited for the promos to list low sell through items.  

The promos hurts strore sellers who paid who paid fees for their stores and their free listing allotment. The free promos also dissuaded sellers from opening stores. I know I never had to open a store for three years because the promos were so regular, often too much for my needs.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I think Ebay should forget about listing fees all together.  That way promos could be focused more on features instead.  They would make a lot more money by offering the majority of sellers a Store option that allows for unlimited listings........and yes I know about Anchor Stores, but I am talking about a price point of say $100. per month not $300 or even $350.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

eBay most likely determined that having so many free promos did not give them the return they expected when they were regularly given.  

Most likely the lost insertion fees versus the low sell through rate was not good. Many sellers just waited for the promos to list low sell through items.  

I clearly remember many complaints about Free Listings that junked up the site.

Mind you, I never count on reduced fees to make a profit.

If I'm not making money on a full fee item, then it is not worth listing for free.

Full fee is a whole 30 cents per item, I believe.

If that impacts your profit margin, you really need to rethink your business plan.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

No one said 30 cents would affect any profit margin.But 500 x 30 cents or 1000 x 30 cents would.Why don,t you put 1000 @ 30 cents on ebay and get back to me with how pleased you are paying 30 cents up front and 10% on sold items.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@bert1630 wrote:

@No one said 30 cents would affect any profit margin.But 500 x 30 cents or 1000 x 30 cents would.Why don,t you put 1000 @ 30 cents on ebay and get back to me with how pleased you are paying 30 cents up front and 10% on sold items.

Why would anyone want to list that many items at 30 cents.

You upgrade to a STORE if you're putting that many listings up.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/storefees.html

Basic $25/mo with 250 free BIN, additional BIN at 20 cents each

Premium $75/mo with 1000 free BIN, additional BIN at 10 cents each

-..-

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Promos are just an excuse to relist junk that hasn't sold the 500 times it has already been listed. If you really want to sell it, maybe try lowering the price. Or put it as an auction with a $1 starting bid. If no one bids, take a hint and STOP LISTING IT. NO ONE WANTS IT. Please just stop cluttering the listings with trash. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Why be forced to open a store.Ebay gets enough of a profit on my sales and also on my expenses( Shipping).I do this as a hobby,not as a business.Also when I sell,i use the money to buy,so ebay gets all my money. If you need to open a business to sell your items,good for you.I sell enough good cards to afford to buy what I want.I would buy more if I had more free insertions ,which means more sales.You really think your getting a deal paying for a store?

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Why be forced to open a store.Ebay gets enough of a profit on my sales and also on my expenses( Shipping).

Umm.

The point is that opening a Store reduces expenses.

And eBay gets less of your profit.

If you use Free Shipping*, eBay gets even less of your profit, since not only do you pay the same percentage on foreign as domestic shipping, but often the Store owner pays a lower FVF.

*DON'T PANIC!

Free shipping just means including the cost of shipping into the asking price for your item.

Which is cheaper?

A $5 card with $2 shipping?

A $7 card with Free Shipping?

Although I's also go with $6.99 and Free Shipping because it works.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply