Anyone else unable to edit their listing templates?

I make changes to my listing template, click the button to save my changes and it just gets stuck on the "saving changes" popup with the little spinning circle above it, and never actually saves the changes.

It's been like this for two days. I reported it to support and they said I wasn't the only one to have reported it, and that it'd be fixed within 24 hours... it still hasn't been fixed.

Just want to know if anyone else is experiencing this specific issue, because if not then maybe there's an issue with my browser or something.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 83
latest reply
82 REPLIES 82

Re: Anyone else unable to edit their listing templates?

@canada_goose_whisperer wrote:

Maybe I should make a new thread? I've got a list of bugs I've seen that I could start it off with...

You can post to Tyler tomorrow for followup on Wednesday with the Weekly chat.

-Lotz

Message 21 of 83
latest reply

As of February 8 the perpetual spinner is back! 

Once again cannot edit and save a template !

Aayi yi yi yi...

Message 22 of 83
latest reply

No problem creating a listing from my saved templates and making a draft. Google Chrome on Windows 10 64 Pro all up to date.

Never had any problems as far as I can remember.

Also no issues with Microsoft Edge on same computer.
Message 23 of 83
latest reply

@richardcm 

Clarification:  There is no problem creating listings with old templates. The spinner appears when editting a saved template and trying to save the new version to your group of saved templates.

This gliche appears to be intermittent.

The gliche discussed in another thread was a bit different. That gliche was if you prepare a draft listing and wait too long to save it the form times out. You lose all of your entries to the draft since it was last saved. the workaround for this gliche is to save your drafts often.

Seinfeld: George... "These pretzels are making me thirsty!".

Ebay: Sellers... "These bugs are making me gl..itchy!".

https://youtu.be/yMe7mlRv8UE

🙂

Message 24 of 83
latest reply

Hi tyler@ebay

to help "bookend" the issue the glitch carries back at least to the beginning of November as in this other thread.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Unable-To-Create-or-Edit-Listing-Templates-When-I-try-to...

Message 25 of 83
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @canada_goose_whisperer - 

I'm sorry for the delay in my response, I've spent time working on the Seller Update launching today, as well as working with the tech team to better understand the issue at hand (we had to go back and forth a bit - thank you for the photos, they were invaluable) .

Tech has confirmed this is a technical issue they are working to correct, but have not given me an estimated time of resolution. I've added the folks who've also said they are impacted by this to the open ticket and hopefully that will help them get a resolution quicker. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 26 of 83
latest reply

That's fantastic!

Thank you Tyler!

Message 27 of 83
latest reply

Thanks!

Hopefully it is fixed soon.

Message 28 of 83
latest reply

Still an issue. Tried today (2022-02-09) and still stuck spinning. Tried both Chrome and Edge. Same issue. Can create a listing no problem. Tried to save existing listing as template - never finishes saving. 

This seems to be an ongoing issue they have based on a quick google. 

Message 29 of 83
latest reply

Im still experiencing this issue...no resolution as of yet it seems....

Message 30 of 83
latest reply

Still the same . Cannot save an edited template or create a new one.

Message 31 of 83
latest reply

@canada_goose_whisperer 

@back2paul 

@kemil-1046 

@chwill_1690 

Good morning all, Happy super bowl! 

My update; As of today (February 13) I'm still unable to edit a template on any of the 3 computers we use. 

Is anyone having better luck?

This problem is ooccuring at  a very unfortunate time for us.  I have a lot of old listings to revise and a TON of stock to list. I'm forced to use outdated templates or Sell Similar if possible and edit the drafts one at a time. It's very time consuming and increasing the vulnerability to creating errors in my listings.

If the template feature was working I could edit each template once and for all. 

It would be great if anyone who may have a fix for this to update us all.

Thank you so much! 

ITWM

Message 32 of 83
latest reply

I haven't found a solution yet, unfortunately. It is still broken for me.

Message 33 of 83
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 34 of 83
latest reply

Still not working for me either.

The work-around I'm doing is as follows:

1. On the 'Listings' page, click  'Create Listing' and select 'Multiple Listing'
  2. In the 'Number of new listings' field, enter X amount of listings necessary
  3. In the Listing details, fill in the common elements (like you would on a template)
  4. Click Continue at the bottom of the page
  5.  On the (X listings) page, you can either edit each item indivdually from here, or 'Save and continue' later, and edit each listing via the 'Drafts' section
Message 35 of 83
latest reply

tyler@ebayWill this be fixed soon?

Message 36 of 83
latest reply

Hi tyler@ebay 

Just a reminder. this is really cramping our style!

Hopefully this problem now into it's 4th month can be fixed. 

Thanks!

intime

Message 37 of 83
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @canada_goose_whisperer  & @intimewithmusic - there is no update I have other than that this is currently being worked on. 

I have heard a rumor that switching listing forms (from advanced to 'basic' or 'simple') lets you use and edit your templates. However this is mostly anecdotal, it hasn't been confirmed as a workaround. 

Thanks for your continued patience!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 38 of 83
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

Thank you.  I think that option may be another USA eBay perk not available to us Canucks. I've seen that on dot com but all we have here in the Okanagan dessert is what you see in this photo. I actually tried to edit my templates from dot com but it would only bring up their new format. We really need a fix for this. I've already had quantity, description and Item Specific errors due to using Sell Similar. 

Thanks.

intime

Template Options.JPG

Message 39 of 83
latest reply

Thanks.  Unfortunately that doesnt work for me but might for some others. 

Message 40 of 83
latest reply