Based in Canada but item location is different

Hi there

I am based in Canada and have my Canadian address in my profile, Am i obligated to ship items only from Canada? I am looking to also ship some items from USA / UK and China as well along with Canada. So multiple shipping locations basically. 

How can i proceed with this? Do i need to enter the item location of every single item when i am creating a listing? or i need to have the exact address on my profile where the item being shipped? What is the best and safe way to do it? 

Just need some clarification on this and i dont want to get into any trouble or flagged by ebay 

Thank you very much

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Based in Canada but item location is different

Ok, so you want to drop ship. Yes item location is required and drop shipping on eBay is risky. Good luck.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Yes, you are required to show the shipping location that each item is shipping from. If one item is shipping from the US it must say US, if another is shipping from HK it must show that location.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The reason that the location must be the location of the item, is Customs, Duty, and Sales Taxes.

If you ship an item from Canada to Canada- none of these apply.

If you ship an item from the USA to Canada- there will be sales tax if the value is over $40 and duty if the value is over $150.

If you ship an item from Canada (or Hong Kong)  to the USA- there will be no duty unless the item is valued over $800USD (but there will be Internet (state) Sale Taxes which are handled by eBay and not your concern).

Don't give your buyers a shock on their doorstep when the carrier charges them for duty.

This bit of boilerplate was provided to sellers by eBay a few years back. It's one of the few add ons to Descriptions that I think is worthwhile.

Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply