Buyer opened case item not recieved but shows delievered

So I sold this $249.99 gamecube gameboy player disc and buyer opened a INR case and demands a full refund because he never got it.  I have tracking on the item with Canada Post showing it was delievered. it shows it was delievered the day before he opened the claim.

So on the case I add the tracking information with the name and address given in the shipping details. I thought it would automatically close in my favor but its still opened.

The buyer writes back.

He has also send me a couple of messages out of the INR case via ebay messages saying he didn't recieve the item and wants a full refund. All this since yesterday.

The buyer has been on ebay since 2017 and has a 4 positives from sellers from over a year ago. but this doesn't mean anything honestly since sellers usually give positive feedback as soon as the item has been paid.

Now what do I do? I haven't contacted the buyer besides putting the tracking information to the case itself.

Do I wait and ask ebay to step in? because right now I don't see a way to do this

Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have tracking on the item with Canada Post showing it was delievered.  it shows it was delievered the day before he opened the claim.

Each time he sends you a demand for a refund, send him a note saying the item was delivered on "Febril 33rd " and he should ask his housemates about the parcel, talk to the postmaster at his nearest Post OFFICE (not the outlet in back of the pharmacy) and if necessary file a theft report with both the postmaster and his local police force. Try to sound helpful.

You should also phone Help and Contact (or use twitter or facebook) and ask that the dispute be closed in your favour immediately because of the harrassment by the buyer.

And put him on your Blocked Bidder List.

Either he has been victimized by porch pirates or he is gaming you. 

https://twitter.com/askebay
https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I have tracking on the item with Canada Post showing it was delievered.  it shows it was delievered the day before he opened the claim.

Each time he sends you a demand for a refund, send him a note saying the item was delivered on "Febril 33rd " and he should ask his housemates about the parcel, talk to the postmaster at his nearest Post OFFICE (not the outlet in back of the pharmacy) and if necessary file a theft report with both the postmaster and his local police force. Try to sound helpful.

You should also phone Help and Contact (or use twitter or facebook) and ask that the dispute be closed in your favour immediately because of the harrassment by the buyer.

And put him on your Blocked Bidder List.

Either he has been victimized by porch pirates or he is gaming you. 

https://twitter.com/askebay
https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

A passing thought.

What was the value of the item and did you buy Signature Confirmation of Delivery?

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

The value of the item is the first thing mentioned in the original post, Stamps.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

While a $250 item does not require Signature Confirmation of delivery in an eBay dispute, for a buck fifty it can be useful and comforting to the seller.

Nowadays, the recipient does not actually sign for the parcel, but as I understand it, the carrier does. Sort of a "cross my heart, this was delivered" . 

And both Canada Post and eBay accept that as Signature Confirmation.

In high value and high fraud categories, as I say, it's a comfort. To me $250 is high value, even if not actually required in a Dispute.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

delete comment.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I have talked to ebay and the rep said I had to wait until the 13th or 14th before they can do something about this and in the meantime to ask the buyer to look around his house, ask neighbors etc. So I did, I also opened a claim with Canada Post and told this to the buyer saying that they will be in contact in 5 business days or so. This was last thursday night, today I get a message from the buyer saying if he had no news and demands a refund.

He is really insistent about getting the money and doesnt seem to care about getting the item...

I should of gotten a signature for delivery but I haven't gotten any real trouble with items with tracking inlcuded before and with higher value items. Next time I will for sure.

The rep added a note about the conversation we had to my account for when I contact them again.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@prince_m1989 wrote:

... I also opened a claim with Canada Post and told this to the buyer saying that they will be in contact in 5 business days or so. This was last thursday night, today I get a message from the buyer saying if he had no news and demands a refund.

Remind the buyer that 5 business days would be Thursday the 15th.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

The buyer has 30 days from delivery (or last estimated date for delivery) to open a Dispute. Then eBay gives a few more days to allow for settlement (a deadbeat pays, the "undelivered" item is delivered, etc.)

So I did, I also opened a claim with Canada Post

What sort of claim did you open with Canada Post? An item not delivered one? If tracking shows delivery that is not likely to be of any benefit.

However, since your scammer is playing mind games with you, add the Canada Post report number to the eBay Dispute, and ask very nicely that the scammer cooperate with the Postal Inspectors.

The USPS postal inspectors have a fearsome reputation, and that reputation has rubbed off a bit on our own pleasant laid back inspection service. And if he is in the US, he should be worried immediately.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I did include the ticket number and did say to the buyer that they would contact him. He basically waited a day before asking for the money again.

Pleasant surprise this morning, The buyer asked ebay to step in and they decided not to refund the buyer since tracking showed delievered.  Probably helped with all the messages of me trying to help him and only for him to reply demanding the money instead of actually letting me try to help him recover the item.

I only heard about horror stories of sellers losing outright to people like him when the case escalated.

Now should I close the Canada Post claim?  I'm pretty sure the answer is yes.

Is there a way he can come back and haunt me? He will be on my blocked list for sure.

On another note, thank you to all that replied here and helped me through this.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Because there has been a transaction, he can still contact you through Messages.

But since you know his ID, delete without reading.

Delete, delete, delete.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

If he paid with a credit card he can still do a chargeback so I wouldn't ask Canada Post to close the claim.  If they do happen to find in your favour, you can refund the buyer then.  It is possible that the item was delivered to the wrong address.  I've never had that happen with a package but I have had other people's bills, bank statements etc delivered to my address.  

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

On 2 occasions, I have had a package delivered to my front door, which were not mine and should've been delivered to the other end of the street.

Most likely the items were marked as delivered.

UPS ever came looking for them, and I delivered them myself.

I have also not received items that have been marked, "Delivered" by Canada Post.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I have received a refund from Canada Post for an item they said delivered that the recipient said wasn't. The recipient put in a claim etc and when I called, probably because the recipient started it CP eventually paid me for the delivered/not delivered item.....

Message 14 of 14
latest reply