Buyer won a case with no logical reason

oronqrca
Community Member

Hi!

A buyer opened a case in my selling account about an item that is currently on delivery, not to mention he has the tracking number, and still won the case and I had to give him a refund. now he will get the product in a week for free. Is that where eBay is going? stealing from sellers and giving gifts to buyers? I don't even know if I want to continue working on this platform! There is a tracking number showing the product is on the way what else does eBay need? enjoy taking money from me.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It's not tracking , it's Confirmation of Delivery.

If the shipment has not reached the buyer, it has not been delivered.

He won because you could not prove DELIVERY.

At this point, he has his money back and the shipment is (still?) in transit.

Keep an eye on that tracking.

When it does show delivery, use Paypal's Send Money service to invoice him for the product.

This works about half the time if you were able to remain polite and professional during the Dispute, which you lost because the item had not been delivered.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@oronqrca

I assume the item is stuck in transit international.

Ebay really should change the tracking to deliver confirmation its not the tracking they're intrested in.

If it does not make it by the extended time given by Ebay it is considered lost. (I can’t remember the time frame now)

If you sent that through Canada post, you should have a minimum amount of insurance.

Go to Canada Post Solutions and start a claim, it’ll take months, but I think they pay 65% back in that area of the value.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

It's not tracking , it's Confirmation of Delivery.

If the shipment has not reached the buyer, it has not been delivered.

He won because you could not prove DELIVERY.

At this point, he has his money back and the shipment is (still?) in transit.

Keep an eye on that tracking.

When it does show delivery, use Paypal's Send Money service to invoice him for the product.

This works about half the time if you were able to remain polite and professional during the Dispute, which you lost because the item had not been delivered.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

@oronqrca wrote:

There is a tracking number showing the product is on the way what else does eBay need?

As has been pointed out already, eBay requires proof that the item was delivered to the buyer's location within the estimated timeframe in the listing.  The buyer isn't disputing the fact that you sent off the item.

Tracking actually doesn't show that items are on the way or where they are, it just shows where the item was last scanned.  Your item could have been flattened by a heavier item five minutes after that last scan, but there wouldn't be any tracking information to show that.

As noted earlier, insurance is your "protection" in a situation such as this.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I will add the fact that the order was made 2 weeks ago and the time frame for delivery is a month to 2 and a half months, that why I know I am right

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Did you enter the tracking number in the Dispute?  Again, you have to prove Delivery not shipping.

However, since eBay does not allow a Dispute to be opened until the last estimated date for delivery has passed, I wonder if the buyer was Disputing through Paypal, and your anger at eBay is misplaced?

PP allows Disputes for 180 days from Payment, not from Delivery.

And again, what was your Response to the Dispute. Did you respond to it or only to the buyer?

Message 6 of 6
latest reply