CHICAGO DISTRIBUTION CENTER BLACK HOLE!

I've had three packages held up at the Chicago Distribution Center for 5-7 days now with no other updates.  

Anyone else seeing delays in US shipments? 

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

@lotzoffun yup. package "lost" from april 30 inbound out of customs Chicago going to California. USPS tells me that tracked packets with LE etc. tracking numbers ARENT traceable in USA which is BS. two people have told me this from USPS now, so they're really not wanting to deal with it. things are getting really slow with USPS as of late. i don't know what is going on (i know it's due to COVID but are they really that short staffed/unorganized?). prior to this, i never had a package lost with USPS. now i'm considering stopping all shipment to USA

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

@reveur* 

Has anyone had any followup....Item suddenly scanned and in route or Delivery scans for these April parcels?  My ticket was opened 2nd week of May for a shipment sent April 10 with US Tracked. This is in the time limits for starting an investigation. I was asked to wait 24 hours before escalating.  Just curious to know if these packages suddenly out of the blue arrive.

-Lotz

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

This one is a record, and was also processed through the Chicago Distribution Center. It was sent Tracked Packet-USA.

Shipped Jun.4/20 and successfully delivered on Jun.10/20 (6 days)

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

I've seen your responses a few times while looking for info about the Chicago shipping 'black hole'. Something I ordered a week ago just got "delivered" to Glendale Heights in Chicago. Meanwhile the shipping address is supposed to be in Ottawa Canada.

At first I was concerned it was delivered in error to the entire wrong country, but now I am thinking it might just be a stop before it is proccessed by Ebay International shipping, and then it will be delivered to Canada.

I suppose I can only hope at this point and wait for the estimated delivery date to make a claim. Although when I spoke with an Ebay support agent they were also confused about it and suggested I wait for a few days.

Perhaps as a seller on the platform you have an insight into what would cause this? It seems to me like they either mixed up my tracking number with another customers, or they just gave me the tracking number for the first half of the journey and not the Ebay International tracking number which would show the actual delivery status.

(See the image attached, its also weird to me that it was delivered using Amazons delivery considering I purchased it through Ebay and selected Ebay International Shipping.)

image.jpeg

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

@arkaplan-myrt0 wrote:

At first I was concerned it was delivered in error to the entire wrong country, but now I am thinking it might just be a stop before it is proccessed by Ebay International shipping, and then it will be delivered to Canada.

You're correct.  Items handled by eBay International Shipping are shipped as US domestic items to forwarding hubs where the customs details are taken care of before being shipped out again to the destination country.

@arkaplan-myrt0 wrote:

It's also weird to me that it was delivered using Amazons delivery considering I purchased it through Ebay and selected Ebay International Shipping.

This page may help explain things better than I can:

https://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-delivers-items-bought-on-ebay-or-etsy-ftc-interest-2019-6

By the way, as you've tacked onto an almost three-year old thread it's likely that this thread will be shut down in the next little while.  If you want to comment further, I suggest starting a new thread.

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM APRIL 2020.

The problem with zombie threads is that the information and advice may be out of date and no longer applicable.

In this case most of the discussion was from the early days of the COVID pandemic-- before there were even vaccines.

I suppose I can only hope at this point and wait for the estimated delivery date to make a claim. Although when I spoke with an Ebay support agent they were also confused about it and suggested I wait for a few days.

The EIS program is very new and we don't really know much about it.

There are apparently multiple hubs rather than the single Kentucky hub used by the Global Shipping Program.

Remember that these are Seller Protection programs and once your purchase arrives at the hub, the seller's responsibility for delivery ends and is taken on by the program.

FWIW, at one time a buyer was panicking because his parcel was in Cincinnati rather than Erlanger. A look at the map showed that Erlanger KY is the location of the Cincinnati OH airport and the two addresses were about 10 minutes apart. Basically, the GSP had shunted an overload of parcels to a secondary plant.

What is the last estimated delivery date for your purchase?

Mark that on you calendar and stop looking at tracking. It doesn't move any faster if you are checking.

If you are worried about not being home for delivery, ask at your local PO about FlexDelivery, which is free.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/personal/receiving/alternative-delivery/flexdelivery.p...

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

Although when I spoke with an Ebay support agent they were also confused about it and suggested I wait for a few days.

Spoke? Oral communication?

You were not talking to an eBay employee but a call centre shlub working for a sub-contractor in Utah.

They are poorly trained, have no authority, work from a script and have a quota.

Mostly they will agree with you,if only to get you off the phone so they can get a pee break.

It's a rough job.

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 28 of 28
latest reply