Can’t see my listing

polly9
Community Member

I can't seem to see my listing when I search for it.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Can’t see my listing

I see that you have 2 listings ...and when I put the titles into a Google search...defintely are there!

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Can’t see my listing

@polly9 

If it's a very recent listing be aware that they will not be visible in Search until it has been indexed. This can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours and in some cases up to 24 hours.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Can’t see my listing

@recped wrote:

@polly9 

If it's a very recent listing be aware that they will not be visible in Search until it has been indexed. This can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours and in some cases up to 24 hours.

@recped 

In speaking to a seller recently who was trying  to list Military patches they got the immediate email that a listing had been created (BIN) but the listing did not index for slightly over 24 hours. Believe it was almost 36 hours for them (5) to show. Was able to access when they sent me a link no problem. But search only turned up other sellers slightly similar listings.

For anyone that uses auctions this delayed indexing does not seem fair when the meter is running (Seller has had the listing accounted for in their quota) but is NOT visible. It means 4 days or less for the price of 5 as an example.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Can’t see my listing

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@recped wrote:

@polly9 

@recped 

In speaking to a seller recently who was trying  to list Military patches they got the immediate email that a listing had been created (BIN) but the listing did not index for slightly over 24 hours. Believe it was almost 36 hours for them (5) to show. Was able to access when they sent me a link no problem. But search only turned up other sellers slightly similar listings.

For anyone that uses auctions this delayed indexing does not seem fair when the meter is running (Seller has had the listing accounted for in their quota) but is NOT visible. It means 4 days or less for the price of 5 as an example.

-Lotz

Someone on YouTube talked about this a while ago. Apparently there's some sort of eBay review on certain military items (or that's what they think is happening), so it delays it by however long it takes eBay to have someone look it over.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Can’t see my listing

@flipistics wrote:

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@recped wrote:

@polly9 

@recped 

-Lotz

Someone on YouTube talked about this a while ago. Apparently there's some sort of eBay review on certain military items (or that's what they think is happening), so it delays it by however long it takes eBay to have someone look it over.

@flipistics 

devon@ebay 

If that is the case, the meter should not start running until the listing is actually live. Cuts down on the number of eyes are seeing a listing due to no fault of the seller. That would throws a wrench into it if the seller wants a specific end time, which most sellers do.

-Lotz

Message 6 of 6
latest reply