Can we list products in US dollars on eBay.ca ?

Just was browsing eBay.ca and find Canadian sellers to list their items in US dollars .

They ship from Quebec .Did i missed something lately ?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

The sellers are listing in US$ on ebay.COM

To display on ebay.CA all that is required is that the seller ships to CANADA.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

That I know .But if its ebay.ca and ship from Quebec how this could happen ?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

When you look at items on the .CA site you can see items listed on both .CA ($C) and .COM ($US).

If you look at my items on either site you will see both $C and $US listed items.

The items you are seeing in US$ are actually items listed on .COM but you are seeing them whilst you are on the .CA site.

One can list on whatever site one likes, normally Canadians will list on .COM and .CA but we can also list on .AU (Australia) or .UK (Great Britain) or any of the others.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

A quick comment/correction

If you look at my items on either site you will see items that are originally listed in either US$ or C$ but you will see everything converted to $C if you are on .CA, or in US$ if you are on .COM

(I know which are which because the $C ones are odd numbers on .COM and the US$ ones are odd numbers on .CA (normally my item prices end in .99, like $14.99))
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

When a Canadian seller lists on dotCOM she can ship anywhere she wants.

BUT

If she is using dotCOM and shipping from Canada, she has to use Flat Rate Shipping.

BUT

You are in Montreal and I believe chitchatexpress has an office there.

For a small fee, chitchat will carry your parcels over the border and ship them by USPS. This is called 'Freight Forwarding' and allows you to use USPS shipping rates.

The shipping address is the one chitchat uses in the USA.

I'm still delighted by the suitcase you sold me. I got compliments on it two weeks ago when I travelled to Vancouver.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thank you .
Really?!!! You must be really happy with this luggage. And definitely make you to feel unique. So happy to hear all that .
Thank you for this feedback. It’s appreciated.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply