Canada Post: Free Shipping Tuesdays in OCT

tobyshitzu
Community Member

Free shipping Tuesday is back this Oct with snap ship.  Plus free pickup too.  And their are 5 tuesdays in Oct!  Maybe it will motivate me to get some of my bigger items listed so I don't waste it sending lettermail items expedited again. Domestic only

Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Thanks for letting us know!

Message 2 of 45
latest reply

Awesome! Hopefully, I'll get many domestic orders in the following weeks 😉

Message 3 of 45
latest reply

Awesome. Thanks for sharing that. 

Message 4 of 45
latest reply

Is there a link to the details on this, can't seem to find anything on the Snap Ship site. Cheers

Message 5 of 45
latest reply

Is it just on snap ship?

Message 6 of 45
latest reply

Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 6.05.11 AM.png

I would assume so:

"Then use Snap Ship to ship anywhere in Canada with our Xpresspost or Expedited Parcel services. See if you’re ready to use Snap Ship."

Message 8 of 45
latest reply

Thanks, just received the email from Canada Post. Quite a deal as there doesn't appear to be any restrictions other than domestic shipping only.

Message 9 of 45
latest reply

There is a size restriction

" have a maximum actual or volumetric weight of 5 kg (11 lb.).

Message 10 of 45
latest reply

Last year, I think I was able to make use of this promo each week save one. It made me very happy at the time.
Message 11 of 45
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:
Last year, I think I was able to make use of this promo each week save one. It made me very happy at the time.

Sadly, I got really excited too last year, until I read the fine print -- within Canada only.  Hmm, oh well.  Maybe I'll just use it to send something nice to my elderly auntie in Ontario for her birthday. 

Message 12 of 45
latest reply

Logically, Canada Post can only offer free domestic shipping as part of any promotion like this that they do because with international shipments, there are reciprocal agreements and CPC cannot give away another carrier's services. The one Tuesday that I couldn't take advantage of this promo last year was the Tuesday I had only a Tracked Packet USA parcel to send. So, yes, I was bummed about that.

Message 13 of 45
latest reply

And your elderly auntie deserves the extra love, do it!

Message 14 of 45
latest reply

because with international shipments, there are reciprocal agreements and CPC cannot give away another carrier's services.

Well, China Post......

Message 15 of 45
latest reply

Snicker. I shouldn't laugh, really, because we ALL pay for that arrangement with China Post. 

Message 16 of 45
latest reply

Here's a tip for all that get the free shipping.  It isn't necessary to send the package right away.  You can create the label and save it for a rainy day, as long as you know the buyer's name and address in advance.

Last year I used one of the October labels in March. The only hiccup was that the tracking wasn't visible to me on the CP site.  When I called the 800 number, they were able to see the tracking.

Message 17 of 45
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Logically, Canada Post can only offer free domestic shipping as part of any promotion like this that they do because with international shipments, there are reciprocal agreements and CPC cannot give away another carrier's services. 

There's nothing stopping them from at least giving discounts for a limited time on US-bound services, as they do through Shippo and did through Paypal for eBay (and back in July when Snap Ship had discounts -- that was really useful). 

I imagine if they didn't mind putting a few noses out of joint for a while they could follow China Post's example for a month.  But then we're Canadian, we don't do those sorts of things to neighbours. Woman Happy

Message 18 of 45
latest reply

And  the promo code for Tuesday October 3rd is ... OCT3

Enter it on Canada Post's Snap Ship payment page.

-..-

Message 19 of 45
latest reply

Been trying all day. The post office just closed (9pm). Here is all I get when trying to use snap ship:

Error 403--Forbidden
From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1: 10.4.4 403 Forbidden

The server understood the request, but is refusing to fulfill it. Authorization will not help and the request SHOULD NOT be repeated. If the request method was not HEAD and the server wishes to make public why the request has not been fulfilled, it SHOULD describe the reason for the refusal in the entity. This status code is commonly used when the server does not wish to reveal exactly why the request has been refused, or when no other response is applicable.

Tried every computer (all 6) with newest firefox and internet explorer. I am able to sign into the site but get this when trying to use snap ship. Been through 2 batteries on my phone trying to call canada post.

Message 20 of 45
latest reply