Canada Post delivered package i sent. Tracking says Photo Available. Huh?

i sent a package from GTA to Barrie Ontario, a distance of about 60 miles away.  It was delivered this morning and the tracking says Delivered Front Door and below it says Photo Available.  Since when did CP start taking photos?  

The tracking on ebay.com says International Carrier Delivered Package.  Photo Available.   I guess relative to the US, Canada Post is an International Carrier.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

They started recently in select areas to trial at first. The goal is to roll it out nationally and have it as a standard feature (eventually).

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@dinomitesales wrote:

They started recently in select areas to trial at first. The goal is to roll it out nationally and have it as a standard feature (eventually).

@dinomitesales 

How is that going to work with the poor folks that have communitity mail boxes? Will photo include xray glasses? Sorry. Had to ask!!😁 I haven't received anything from CP at the door in 3 or 4 years.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@dinomitesales wrote:

@dinomitesales 

How is that going to work with the poor folks that have communitity mail boxes? Will photo include xray glasses? Sorry. Had to ask!!😁 I haven't received anything from CP at the door in 3 or 4 years.

-Lotz

Well, the expectation is that the parcel is left locked securely inside the community mailbox so there isn't really a need for a photo. The photo is merely to give the recipient "peace of mind" regarding where their parcel was left, since it's becoming standard by many couriers. The photo would only be provided when an item can't fit in a mailbox and needs to be safe dropped.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@dinomitesales wrote:

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@dinomitesales wrote:

@dinomitesales 

-Lotz

Well, the expectation is that the parcel is left locked securely inside the community mailbox so there isn't really a need for a photo. The photo is merely to give the recipient "peace of mind" regarding where their parcel was left, since it's becoming standard by many couriers. The photo would only be provided when an item can't fit in a mailbox and needs to be safe dropped.

That wouldn't help for something deposited in incorrect mailbox.

-Lotz

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

yes i found something on CP's site that says photos are for safe drop packages.   It won't solve every delivery problem. 

To be honest, photos aren't a really big deal.  The delivery person can set the package down, take a nice picture in front of your door or whereever, then pick the package up, take it home and keep it.   Or someone else can come along and do that.   It's useful if you have doorbell cam's though...  😉

It's more for covering CP's behind i guess.  But it's a nice additon.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply