Canada post hired a crazy employee

In 2 years selling and over 2000 trading cards shipped. I received maybe 5 packages back. 

Then. Past 2 weeks alone. I received around 10 to 15 packages back. Probably more to come. 

It's clearly the same employee spoting my packages and making it a personal case. I never seen that. I receive a bunch of legit white envelopes with $0.92 of stamps, because 'it's $1.07'. He's making me go back to the office, wasting my time, makes unhappy customers. While those packages are fully legit. Everytime i go to the resend at the office with the insuficient postage sticker, every employee is mindblowed that it's returned to me... 

On top of that. I started having a lot of trouble shipping letterpost. I got over 5 returns past 2 weeks. I expect more. At first i wondered how they suddently cant pass. It's trading cards, which is an acceptable material. Well. This employee bend and destroy my packages like a crazy. The fact it's goods is one thing, but this employee literally damage my packages. This employee cross limits. 

PXL_20230922_151040229~2.jpg

PXL_20230922_151107296~2.jpg

Not sure what to do. This person ruins my whole business. I'll need to wrongly apply $1.07 on my 30g 5mm packages to avoid unhappy customers and negatives, and remove US shipping because a tracked shipping model is not viable. 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

marnotom!
Community Member

@rocketscollectibles wrote:

On top of that. I started having a lot of trouble shipping letterpost. I got over 5 returns past 2 weeks. I expect more. At first i wondered how they suddently cant pass. It's trading cards, which is an acceptable material.

The material is irrelevant. If you sell it to someone, it’s merchandise and the receiving country requires a customs form. Books are paper, too, but they can’t ship without a customs form.

Not sure what to do. This person ruins my whole business. I'll need to wrongly apply $1.07 on my 30g 5mm packages to avoid unhappy customers and negatives, and remove US shipping because a tracked shipping model is not viable. 

The other day, @recped suggested contacting the Canada Post ombudsman for an issue another seller was having.  Perhaps that would be the way to go for your domestic mailings?

As for your other issue, other sellers have adapted to shipping cards to the US by means other than letterpost.  Snoop your competition.  There may be clues there.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

The material is revelant because they can't know if it's goods or not. What if this trading card was a gift sent to a friend in the US and has no value? 

I had 2 INR claims past weeks from US buyers and i start thinking canada post employee is maybe the one who ripped them. Packages also started returning after that. 

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

The material is revelant because they can't know if it's goods or not. What if this trading card was a gift sent to a friend in the US and has no value? 

Then you'd indicate that information on the customs form, just as you would if the item were a book or Lego.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

As for your other issue, other sellers have adapted to shipping cards to the US by means other than letterpost.  Snoop your competition.  There may be clues there.

Every single competitive seller in my category ships letterpost. I've been doing it for 2 years without issue. It's just that suddent one guy, going crazy on my packages. 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

If you're not buying discount postage or have customers that love stamps on the envelope, then use either Postal Indicia or p stamps for within Canada and you shouldn't have any issue. I personally love using postal indicia. I don't have to stock all kinds of stamp sizes and the reports on Canada Post's website do that portion of my bookkeeping for me.

I suspect you're going to have to come up with a new model for the USA stuff. The picture you posted very clearly stated that it was rejected for containing goods. You've probably made it on some sort of naughty list.  Maybe do flat rate shipping and try to encourage people to buy multiple items from you that way.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

It's nice to see Canada Post employees following THEIR rules and policies...and I truly commend them on their actions.

Perhaps...eventually, many of us will be on the same playing field...those of us following the rules aren't exactly thrilled with competing against those who like to circumvent/avoid/disregard Canada Post rules and policies and/or hide their items under guises,etc.etc...Items sold on eBay or any other selling site that are shipped ANYWHERE outside of Canada are SOLD goods/SOLD merchandise/have a value and require customs forms to declare said contents and value.

True/genuine "gifts" are declared as Gifts on customs forms but still must be shipped according to Canada Post rules and policies.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

In 2 years selling and over 2000 trading cards shipped. I received maybe 5 packages back. 

Then. Past 2 weeks alone. I received around 10 to 15 packages back. Probably more to come. 

It's clearly the same employee spoting my packages and making it a personal case. I never seen that. I receive a bunch of legit white envelopes with $0.92 of stamps, because 'it's $1.07'. He's making me go back to the office, wasting my time, makes unhappy customers. While those packages are fully legit. Everytime i go to the resend at the office with the insuficient postage sticker, every employee is mindblowed that it's returned to me... 

On top of that. I started having a lot of trouble shipping letterpost. I got over 5 returns past 2 weeks. I expect more. At first i wondered how they suddently cant pass. It's trading cards, which is an acceptable material. Well. This employee bend and destroy my packages like a crazy. The fact it's goods is one thing, but this employee literally damage my packages. This employee cross limits. 

PXL_20230922_151040229~2.jpg

PXL_20230922_151107296~2.jpg

@rocketscollectibles 

If you happen to get a postal worker that is following the rules to the letter of the law anything over .5 cm thick like a bubble envelop "usually" moves up to the 1.94 rate for Canada. For me when I use which I do regularly enough I just put the increased postage and not worry about it coming back and causing a delay. Same goes for anything close going to USA. Safest/best to move to the next level.  To my mind its not worth the grief. You could try switch to a cb mailer but those have additional costs. Sold as most dollar stores and the river place in bulk. 

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1695402383524.png

-Lotz

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

You can't ship envelopes with anything besides paper in them to the USA as lettermail. It's been this way for years now. I had the same thing happen to me back in 2017 - trading cards returned to me. Everything requires a customs form and more expensive postage now. You might be able to sneak them through if you use penny sleeves and no top loaders but this is a bad idea in itself. 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I'll do what i used to do when i started. I got too careless past months i guess cause everything was working. I'll tape the toploader wrapped in a paper sheet and ship white envelope. Will test that for some time, shoud be fine. Unless there's really a one employee having a fixation on my stuff. 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

You're like a parrot when it comes to letterpost and taxes threads. Hostile and useless. Blame canada post for their abusive rates, not the small people trying to survive. They charge $10 for untracked just to take a paper, wake up. 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

ah yes twould seem you now thrive on bashing those who disagree with your every little complaint that you feel the need to post ... guess it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling...unfortunately, a disagreeing opinion or disagreeing comment is something some folks cannot handle ...sometimes TRUTH hurts!

and BTW that  Canada Post employee IS NOT crazy...Canada Post employees are supposed to do their job as outlined by Canada Post rules and policies... and if a company employee abiding by the rules doesn't sit well with you, then perhaps that's something that needs to be worked out from within the conscience.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Truth doesn't hurt. You're just an annoying user. You post the same thing over and over and over on every single letterpost and taxes post for over a year. I'm just tired of it and i don't understand why you keep posting on my threads everytime after all this time. While you fully know where it will go. My ''little complaints'' are my experiences and brings actual ebay selling situations discussions by the way. You don't like my threads but keeps replying to them everytime. What you do is truly just harrassement.

People giving thumbs up to this user and behavior should be shameful. This user is happy when people have trouble and have clear no intentions to help the OP when posting. This community really turned awful. It needs a block feature. I'm done here. 

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

This topic has been locked at the request of the Original Poster.

Thanks to everyone for participating.

Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 14 of 14
latest reply