Canada

poildeq
Community Member

Living in Canada, its rather pointless for sellers who list their items 'may not ship to Canada"

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Canada

mcrlmn
Community Member

You betcha!

You're referring to non -resident sellers, and that's their preference.

I don't ship to France. Sorry Saint Pierre and Miquelon.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Canada

If a seller does not block sales to a given country, her listings may be shown in that country, without a shipping fee.

It's up to the interested customer to contact the seller and determine shipping costs.

Never buy without a firm shipping quote.

EBay allows sellers to set the cost of shipping for their own security and peace of mind.

Which means a seller may accept your purchase, then demand that you pay for super-premium whizbang speedy priority gold plated delivery, instead of letterpost.

And by purchasing without a shipping cost, you are required to pay.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Canada

There was once a new seller on eBay, that listed in US dollars on eBay.com.

The seller was selling Blue Mountain Pottery.

He had a cost for domestic shipping.... and that was a cost for shipping to Canadian buyers.

and all international sales were blocked.

What this seller did not understand was that domestic shipping on eBay.com  was shipping to US buyers.   The price for domestic shipping was the price for shipping to Canadian buyers.

and then... blocking international sales mean the seller would not sell to Canadian buyers.

and then the seller specified  it was shipping to Canada only.

Ouch......

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Canada

I have a few items that I list on .com that I do not ship to Canada and I live in Canada. 

Books I can use USPS media mail for under $5.00 but for Canada that service is not available.  Also light items that are larger than the 20mm can be sent USPS first class for under $5.00 that doesn't work in Canada.  

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Canada

Even more pointless when eBay keeps sending me emails for items on my watch list for US sellers that SPECIFY they will not ship internationally including Canada. Quote from Last Man Standing....."Not Cool" and really a waste of an email and my time.

-CM

Message 6 of 6
latest reply