Confused with Percentage Fee Charged

I have a store and the most I thought I would be charged is 9%.  In the Seller Hub, when I click on "sales (31 days)" at the top, it shows me a list of recently sold items.  Here are some examples:

total sales: 76.98
selling cost: ($12.33)
net sales: $64.65

total sales: 52.98
selling cost: ($8.66)
net sales: $44.32

total sales: 47.99
selling cost: ($7.92)
net sales: $40.07

Based on that the selling cost is about 16%.

When I check my invoice it says "your fees as percentage of your sales is 13.16%.

I'm confused. Why the different amounts and I thought all I would be paying is the monthly fee + the 9%.

Thanks!

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@greenmangoes wrote:

I have a store and the most I thought I would be charged is 9%.  In the Seller Hub, when I click on "sales (31 days)" at the top, it shows me a list of recently sold items.  Here are some examples:

total sales: 76.98
selling cost: ($12.33)
net sales: $64.65

total sales: 52.98
selling cost: ($8.66)
net sales: $44.32

total sales: 47.99
selling cost: ($7.92)
net sales: $40.07

Based on that the selling cost is about 16%.

When I check my invoice it says "your fees as percentage of your sales is 13.16%.

I'm confused. Why the different amounts and I thought all I would be paying is the monthly fee + the 9%.

Thanks!

My guess is that the Selling Cost includes fees on shipping but the Total Sales does not include the shipping amount.

It's just a guess, I don't use the HUB and have not seen those numbers in that form. This is similar to how the monthly numbers on the invoice/statement work.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Might be the monthly cost of the store gets added in.

And I think the new hub (which I try to avoid) for some reports will also include shipping costs paid through ebay's link.

-..-

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

OK. Thank you.

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 4 of 4
latest reply