Customer service on eBay

So disappointed from  the customer service of eBay  .They have heads for balance.When  CS will be back in North America ?????????

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Customer service on eBay

Did you call just now?
Rule #1 is always call during business hours that way you get the north american CSRs.

As long as I can wait that long, I try to call at 11 am ET or 1 pm ET and that has always served me well....
Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Customer service on eBay

Utah is on Mountain Time.

(Mountain Daylight Time at the moment.)

So 11 am ET would be 9 am MT.

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

Customer service on eBay

I can't remember where I saw it but my perhaps faulty recollection is that one can catch the north american CSRs between 9am and 7pm? eastern time (which is what I care about), meaning that the CSR shift hours are from (I thought) 6am to probably 7pm their time to cover their side of the continent too. I thought they were 3 hours earlier than me....

I usually aim for 1pm but I've not had problems at 11 am ET either....as far as I recall....
Message 4 of 26
latest reply

Customer service on eBay

There was a period of time a few years ago when anytime I had to call eBay Customer Service, it was a total disaster. Like, utterly terrible. I ended each call an hour later with a migraine and sore jaw from grinding my teeth.

Today, I cannot say I’ve had the same experience. For at least a year now, all calls have been quick, courteous and efficient. I am not experiencing anything less than positive when I call. Old habits die hard, however, and I always brace myself for the worst but no.

I’ve had feedback removed, a late shipment mark removed, stolen photos removed, shipping errors fixed, false SNADs closed. It’s run the gamut from tricky stuff to simple matters but it’s all been handled deftly and with no funny business.
Message 5 of 26
latest reply

Customer service on eBay

Well i wish im able to share more .

And the call back are 1 of 10 .

Consider yourself lucky 

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

Customer service on eBay

Ah, yes. I almost never use the call-back feature since there is rarely an opportunity for me to take an incoming call. If I've blocked time to place an outgoing call, that's the time I've got. I wait on hold and resign myself to listening to an endless loop of noodley muzak designed to drive callers mad and just do other things at my desk. 

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

Customer service on eBay

Also, it's the same song of like seven bars of music playing for SIX years now.

Please, ebay, get some new music!

Even my husband whose desk is over my shoulder starts to laugh out loud when he hears that specific tune coming over the receiver because he knows what it means. (And then he puts on noise-cancelling headphones so he doesn't have to listen to it.)

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

Customer service on eBay

@momcqueenwrote:

Also, it's the same song of like seven bars of music playing for SIX years now.

Please, ebay, get some new music!

Even my husband whose desk is over my shoulder starts to laugh out loud when he hears that specific tune coming over the receiver because he knows what it means. (And then he puts on noise-cancelling headphones so he doesn't have to listen to it.)

Summon @happy_pigeon  about the music. LOL.

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

Customer service on eBay

I think I started an online petition to change it once. Or maybe I just joking(notjoking) threatened to do that.
Message 10 of 26
latest reply

Customer service on eBay

Was it this one?

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

Customer service on eBay

Gah, that’s even worse!
Message 12 of 26
latest reply

Customer service on eBay

@momcqueenwrote:
I think I started an online petition to change it once. Or maybe I just joking(not joking) threatened to do that.

eBay has been so responsive to posts and suggestions this year that they might consider the music. If they happen to have some project going on about their customer service system they might put it on their list for a change (and maybe an actual improvement). Just have to let them know.

I am still floored that when these forums came out a few months ago when browser spellcheck was turned on by @happy_pigeon in real time (same day) getting rid of the hideous Lithium spellcheck. (Still not changed on eBay.com, sigh!)

I am optimistic again that some things on eBay can be fixed if asked with tyler@ebay  and @happy_pigeon. Someone hears eBay.ca members again.

I remember when vincenzo and kalvin were monitoring the eBay.ca forums years ago. Sometimes they were able to get some things fixed within all the constraints of eBay imposed on eBay.ca.

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

Customer service on eBay

In all seriousness, and Cisco soundtracks aside, I believe the music is generally chosen and played by the phone system provider, whether it's Avaya, Cisco, Polycom, etc. So we probably don't have a choice in it, or at least not a very large one. Plus, this particular call centre is located in the US, so we doubly don't have a say slight_frown

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

Customer service on eBay

I’d rather hear an accordion player accompanied by bagpipes.
Message 15 of 26
latest reply

Customer service on eBay

Or a yodel.
Message 16 of 26
latest reply

Customer service on eBay

@momcqueen wrote:
Or a yodel.

Presented without comment. stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

Tyler,
eBay
Message 17 of 26
latest reply

Customer service on eBay

Gah, that’s even worse!

Ill see that one and raise it by this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn73Wtem0No

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

Customer service on eBay

If Fish Heads played as ebay's on-hold music, I'd find reasons to call! 

The OP is thinking this already: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cVlTeIATBs

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

Customer service on eBay

What the hell did I just subjected my ears to? 😱
Message 20 of 26
latest reply