Does Ebay change all of your shipping settings when they convert you to MP?

i just read posts where it said that once Ebay converts people to MP they alter all of their shipping settings (don't accept PO Box,  no longer offer flat rate shipping but calculated shipping instead. etc).

Are they that invasive that they do that?  If so , that will be the final straw for me.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

marnotom!
Community Member
I only see a couple of threads opened by the same user and it just seems to be that one user with that issue so far. As there are quite a few high-volume sellers who have switched some time ago and have not reported an issue such as this, I’d chalk this up as a glitch rather than anything deliberately nefarious on eBay’s part.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

No. It did not happen to me. The only change was to payments with PayPal dropped for Managed Payments in listings

This is a posting ID. I have two other selling IDs and switchover from PayPal to managed payments went relatively easily. But these selling IDs were started in Dec 2020 and only list on eBay Canada with shipping to Canada and USA. Easy selling a IDs to do change over.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Almost all of my listings were flat rate and shipped to PO Boxes before MP activation, those as well as all other settings were unchanged after activation. The only change you will see in your listings, is a line on the SYI form indicating payments are managed by ebay instead of PayPal. There will also be a Google Pay logo added to the payments tab on listings.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

thanks for the responses everyone.  I've seen a couple of other threads on .com about settings being altered  (those were Best Offer suddenly appearing and unwanted enrollment in GSP) after being switched over to MP,  so i was fearing the worst.

I'm scheduled for switch over tomorrow morning.  Hopefully it will go as smooth as silk.

Thanks again for the reassurance.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Just to repeat what other have said, when you are converted NOTHING changes, the only detectable difference is that you will see Google Pay as a payment option or Apple Pay is you are viewing using an Apple device.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I've wondered why I never see an Apple Pay logo, now I know the reason. It had never occured to me that the Apple Pay or Google Pay logos were being matched up with the type of device browsing the listing.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

The GSP setting has likely  been there for years, and the seller just never noticed it -- and never got a non-US sale before.

Which reflects the size of the US economy.

EBay added new sellers automatically to GSP for a year or so when they started the Seller Protection program.  We have since then constantly seen US sellers shocked , horrified, and furious  to learn they were set up to ship internationally.

Formal Best Offers are the choice of the seller, but eBay about a year (?) ago allowed any customer to make a Best Offer.

Just as Buyers Don't Read ™, so Sellers Don't Read™  their automatically renewing listings.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Google Pay shows up on my iPhone when I’m using Chrome as my browser, unsurprisingly enough.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@marnotom! wrote:
Google Pay shows up on my iPhone when I’m using Chrome as my browser, unsurprisingly enough.

I hear Steve Jobs comes back from the grave and slaps you if you use Chrome on an Apple device.

Could be worse I suppose, I understand that Tim Apple (Cook) has a way to make your battery die instantly if you use Chrome!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply