Does anyone hold the solution to this Ebay oversight?

Ever Happen to You????

Sending offer to buyers/watchers.

Watcher accept your offer.

Watcher live in a country you do not ship to.

I am cancelling the order under "issue with shipping address"

Watcher leave negative feedback...darn. "it is in the process to be removed"

How could Ebay send my offers to country that I do not ship to.

Shall we be able to see the countries of watchers...not the address...just the country. So we do not send offers to them?

Shall watchers be able to add your item to their watch list eventhough they can't buy it??

Ever happen to you?

What do you think?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Does anyone hold the solution to this Ebay oversight?

marnotom!
Community Member

Perhaps the watcher has a shipping address in a country that you do ship to.  Did you ask about this before cancelling their order?

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

This has happened to me before (minus the bad feedback). There's probably nothing you did wrong, and as far as I know nothing you can do to prevent it from happening again.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Freight forwarders are the second safest addresses you can ship to, since you are no longer responsible for delivery when the (usually US ) address of the forwarder is reached.

Another way of cancelling takes a little longer.

The buyer did not get an invoice for shipping to his overseas address, so send one. Make sure the service you use in Air Mail and Tracked. When he sees the cost of shipping he may ask to cancel, or he may decide not to pay.
In the former case, you graciously cancel. He can leave feedback.

In the latter case you wait 96 hours and one second and Cancel the Unpaid Item. He cannot leave feedback and gets an Unpaid Item Strike.

Double check your shipping destinations. You have to specifically Block them if you don't even want your listings to be seen overseas.

But again, many overseas buyers use freight forwarders and give up most of their Buyer Protections when they do.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I too have had buyers from countries I do not ship to be able to purchase from me.

For the latest, I conversed with the CSR when I called it in (remember I have the Anchor store CSRs) because the buyer country (native ie not going through a forwarder) was not only my blocked country it was and eBay blocked country too. The CSR wouldn't tell me specifically but the gist of what I understood was that some buyers have found ways to trick the system in a way that lets them circumvent the blocks.

To be honest I don't know why a buyer would do that because the seller in 99.99% of the time is going to just cancel anyway but it seems there is a way to do it, at least that's what it seems to me.

In my latest case, I was fortunate as I didn't get a negative, I'm sure they'll zap it, it sounds like that is in progress from what I understand of the opening post.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I had contacted the buyer to let him know that I do not ship to Australia and I must cancel the order. His answer ...Why did you send me an offer than? I had no response...Ebay should not forwarded our Best offer to watcher if the watcher location is on the no shipping list....my humble opinion

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

Country exclusion lists and location blocks are for the shipping location, not the buyer's or watcher's location.

In other words, you can restrict where you ship to, but you can't restrict where your buyers come from.

If a buyer registered in a country on your exclusion list has a primary shipping address in a country where you do ship, they've fulfilled your shipping TOS and you should ship to that address.

That's why it's good practice to check with your customer about where they want the item shipped if they're registered in a country on your exclusion list.

I know it's up to you as to where you ship, @patphotog, but some of your excluded countries baffle me.   Australia?  New Zealand?  The Netherlands?  Really?  For CDs selling for less than C$20?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

not sure who you are with your 4 feedback and 6600 posts but it is not worth my time to answer your unwarranted belittle comments ...have a good life

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

It is odd that an offer would be sent to a country that you don't have a shipping cost to.  
Would you find giving the item number?  You do have some listings that ship 

to Australia and  you have some that show that you 'may not ship to Australia'.  It doesn't show a shipping cost on those listings but the country isn't actually blocked so perhaps offers are sent to all non blocked countries?

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@patphotog wrote:

not sure who you are with your 4 feedback and 6600 posts but it is not worth my time to answer your unwarranted belittle comments ...have a good life

You don't have to pay attention to my post either.......

You currently have 102 listings that DO NOT block Australia.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I have fix my shipping policies...thanks. The item that the buyer received an offer had a no shipping to Australia policy already in place. Cheers and Thanks again!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply