EBAY SUCKS

The worst experience in my life is dealing with Ebay. Its sucks, I'm sorry its terrible, high fees no support  for sellers, they ask for proof I send it then they give away my money and say I didnt respond. Well Bull**bleep** to Ebay 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

EBAY SUCKS

come on we got to be nuts to stay with Ebay lets rise up and stop using this terrible companies service.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

EBAY SUCKS

You sold something.

You shipped it.

The buyer claimed, in a Dispute, that it had not arrived.

EBay asked you to prove delivery (not shipping,delivery) or to refund the buyer.

You did not provide Proof of Delivery.

EBay refunded the buyer,who did not receive the item she paid for.

You lost the payment , did not have your FVF returned, and have a Defect on your selling account, which can lead to higher fees, restrictions on the number and value of listings, or even a closed selling account.

What did we miss?

Oh. Fees.

Yes. EBay charges fees which generally take between 12% and 20% of the buyer's payment plus some non-refundable charges for options like Promoted Listing or BOLD titles.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

EBAY SUCKS

you are right. i also just had an issue with ebay. they hold buyer payment and when i try to cancel the order which the buyer agreed , ebay ask me to asd a payment option like if i have to pay the refund while ebay holds the buyer payment which i did not get. awful.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

EBAY SUCKS

you forgot that not only ebay request to refund the buyer , the seller lose both the payment and the item. once u ship an item , u cannot have any proof who actually get the item. even with a signature , i guess its never safe anyway. this is the issue with postal services. ebay dont really know how to deal with this because its an impossible situation because the buyer can lie and the seller could send a brick or an empty box lol

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

EBAY SUCKS

You sold an item. The buyer paid and you shipped-- with tracking and signature confirmation.

Right?

If you sold on this ID, you are an occasional seller and eBay does Hold payments for occasional (and returning and new ) sellers for up to 21 days against customer satisfaction-- usually proof of delivery.

Faced with this, you tried to cancel the order (which had already shipped?) .

You'll have to clarify the time line on this.

If the buyer had paid but agreed to the cancellation, eBay would charge you some fees (at a minimum the non-refundable 30c service fee on Managed Payments) but there should be no other problem. Not all transactions will be successful.

If the item had already shipped, it would be difficult (or expensive) to recall. You would have to wait until the buyer recieved the item he had paid for (although you had not received his payment yet) and then you would be asked to pay for return shipping. When the item was back with you, again the payment would be refunded to the buyer, but you would have some fees witheld.

u cannot have any proof who actually get the item. even with a signature , i

The signature is the person who accepted the delivery.

The Signature Confirmation of Delivery does have to be from an adult. With covid protections for carriers in place, many shippers will not accept signatures at the door but insist that the recipient pick up and Sign for the item at the carrier's office.  This is as true for commercial carriers like UPS as it is for postal services.

Basically you panicked.

The Hold is a Buyer Protection against - well actually against exactly what seems to have happened here- poor customer service.

because the buyer can lie and the seller could send a brick or an empty box lol

True of any online transactions.

But eBay allows the Buyer to file a Not As Described claim.

The seller has fewer protections except that he can file an Unpaid Item Dispute or, even with a No Returns policy, demand the return of the disputed item.

Since English is not your first language, try writing out what happened in your mother tongue. There is likely someone here who can read that language, or we can use Google Translate to work out the real problem.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

EBAY SUCKS

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 7 of 7
latest reply